LaptopVideo2Go Forums

61.76 and Toshiba BB Issue

OPaul

Seeing as the 61.76 drivers are official and have WHQL certification do they correct the black bar issue seen on some Toshiba models?

I don't know for certain but I'm going to say no. The way NVIDIA is obtaining EDIDs through the driver is "broken" for certain BIOSes. Other BIOSes will work because they contain proper EDID timing. I don't see it being fixed anytime soon unless Toshiba fixes the BIOS or NVIDIA fixes the EDID check. But since we're not tech support for either it's up to us.

I wonder maybe it's easier to upgrade bios to non-buggy version and get rid of the problem forever?

Did anyone try or hear about successful bios-upgrades cases? I saw utility for upgrade here, but not the rom files...

Vlad

missing rom files:

We just give you (the geeks) the video bios tools to play around. You could try to backup/save your Video BIOS to a .BIN file or identify your BIOS, but we haven#t opened up a thread where everybody can post there BIOS (yet?).

There is a good possibilty that people would update their BIOS with the wrong ROM file as they are not concentrated enough and think its a thing you can play around with. We decided the risk is too high.

Right now Teraphy/Ministeves EDID fix INFs should do the job.

But maybe there is need for discussion again, if there should be such section or not...