LaptopVideo2Go Forums

inf for 56.72

Guest Rhi

The 20.25 modded inf link next to the 56.72 driver, when clicked on is showing: Pieter's INF version 20.26

Is this the inf I need to install or should I actually be using the 20.25 inf which is linked to next to the 56.63?

I'm having a problem with far cry showing different coloured blocks at various points in the game, so I wanted to be sure I had the correct inf installed. I get the same problem with the windows update 54.01 driver too.

Thanks in advance, Rhi :)

My mistake, I put 20.26 in there instead of 20.25. Was getting late.

It makes no difference as 20.26 is the same as 20.25, I found a bug in a different INF which got the 20.26 treatment which 56.72 already had.

Just install as normal.

Pieter.

Just a note, it appears that Nvidia had a 56.72 which was non-WQHL and had issues and then re-released a 56.72 again which is WHQL and fixed problems. Not sure which one Pieter has on his links.

Almighty1 that's interesting, must do some investigating.

How on earth can nVidia release 2 INFs, shows how much their QC is up to spec.

Never mind, will mean another driver download, just to check the INF :)

Pieter.

Guest Guest

In fact i remember the drivers were different:

modes.txt and the INF.

Also the eVGA release has support for TNT cards and another one i can"t remeber anymore (all desktop), which the NV release hadn't.

There is a difference between drivers ??

I downloaded it from nVidia last week (12MB), and again this morning (11MB)

there is 1MB difference.

On the website (nVidia) it does now have this for the 2nd of April (release was 1st April).

April 2, 2004, 8:30AM PST: Updated kits to have correct WHQL logo.

I'll redo the INF shortly and see where the differences are, I 'll get hold of Dontknow to replace the driver on the server to the new one as well.

Mmmm, very odd of nVidia to do this, never mind who knows how they work.

Pieter.

Right after having a look at the drivers, here are my findings :

There are 2 different drivers, with fewer files in the version out now, and different file sizes for some files.

The files are uncompressed inside the .exe file where as before they were compressed. (it saves space to have files uncompressed then zip them)

My INF was correct, there are NO differences in the 2 versions.

The ONLY difference is, the INF is now international compatable where as before english only.

So for new version of INF and driver goto website or 'Driver' section and click on the links.

I've uploaded the new driver (7MB) and the International compatable INF (works for english only files just fine!!)

PLease test and report back with findings, as the old driver works just fine for me.

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Interesting Pieter... I just know that people on neowin.net using the stock INF said the first version had some problems and wasn't WHQL while the second version is smaller and WHQL and works.

Having used the second 56.72 (which I downloaded from the nvidia site) and the inf I mentioned in the first post on this topic (the 20.25 inf with 20.26 as its first line) my system is stable. I am still having a problem with farcry and blocks of colour appearing, (as posted here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st=0entry3485 )but this seems to happen no matter what driver I am using.

I will be trying out the 56.64 later today since the advice of aye.