LaptopVideo2Go Forums

A way to run some games

Guest BILL-C840

You can try 3D analyzer but don't expect the game to be playable.

http://file.mydrivers.com/tools/tweak/3danalyzer-v234.zip

With that you can get the game to run, I bet if you turned to graphics setting to low you might be able to play it.

You should check these boxes.

1. emulate pixel shader caps

2. emulate bump map caps

3. emulate max sim textures

and shaders and textures at the bottem.

I got the game to run on my PC but the graphics were so messed up it wasn't really playable.

I bet with some tweaking you could play it, if I have time I will redownload the demo and try it again.

Edit: The reason that game (and others) will not run normaly is because they require a Direct X 8.0 complaint card and the Geforce 4 go 440 does not support pixel shaders which the game needs to run and it is only Direct X 7 compliant.

It even says on the box that it doesn't work on a GeForce 4 go.

Tweak with the game's settings and see what you get hehe.

Welcome to the forums, too bad this name was already taken. lol

Guest BILL-C840

I wonder if you can help me with a little problem.When my computer begin after the "welcome", when the nview icon load it ,the monitor shut down for 0.5sec and after that its all ok,what can i do?(i have the 61.76 driver is that all right or maby i must change the driver with someone else?)

That is not a bad problem, just annoying, I know if you turn of coolbits (overclocking page) the flashing when you access the nvidia driver pages will go away.

Did you try the game yet?

If you get it to run that is atleast an improvement.

About that driver, for me it runs slow and I get graphics corruption in some games (like UT2004), you should stick with some 50s drivers or 40s drivers.If you want to turn of the overclocking page just ask.

This is the registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]

under that set CoolBits to 0 or delete it to disable it, I have a registry edit thingy that can do it for you if you want me to post it.

Well since I looked up the file anyway I shall post it lol.

If you have any more questions just ask, I won't be here a lot today or tomorrow but I browse these forums a lot so if you have a question just ask.

I should usaully see it right away almost lol.

Edit: Dang it, Dontknow out did my advice with his thread link.

lol

I wonder if you can help me with a little problem.When my computer begin after the "welcome", when the nview icon load it ,the monitor shut down for 0.5sec and after that its all ok,what can i do

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=493

What county are you in? You should check the Dell site for your country, otherwise you will have to get a freind to buy it and ship it too you, that is a really nice laptop though, you should be able to run just about anything on it lol, even with the default configeration.

Guest BILL-C840

I'm from Greece and all the europe dell sites does not contents this model for unknown reason,only the inspiron 9100 they way i ask you is that if you know any site or store so i communicate with them.So thanks anyway.And another think.I have the 61.76 driver and i compare it with the dell's 42.58 and the results in the benchmark of "PC WIZARD 2004" is that the new driver is 100+% from the old.