LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Satellite 5200-902 and 30.xx problems

Guest tehdarkstar

Guest tehdarkstar

Hello all,

I'm having problems with all 30.xx infs from laptopvideo2go and my Toshiba. It is a Satellite 5200-902 with GeForce FX Go5600.

It happens that with 30.14 and driver 57.64, when I try to adjust the display resolution it gives me a blank screen with a very small square at the lower left corner of the screen. Pressing ESC it comes back to the working resolution.

With 30.20 and drivers 61.76, it does the same thing (even when booting the computer) but it freezes completelly and doesn't do anything untill I shut the system down.

The last combination I've tried and am sure that is working is 20.55 and drivers 56.72, which is the one I've rolled back to. I don't know about others because I don't usually install non-official packages, so, I wait to NVidia to release them to install.

I'm attaching the DXDIAG log here and if anyone needs any other information I'm completely available. Thanks.

DxDiag.txt

Guest tehdarkstar

No, I haven't.

The problem is that I don't have any reason to think that it will be any different, as the 30.14 inf file with 57.64 drivers was producing the same effect as the 30.20 with 61.76. It leads me to think that there is something in the inf that is conflicting with my display card.

If you have any more info to justify the trial I will go ahead and give it a try.

Thanks anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problems using the 30.25 INF with 62.11 drivers.... maybe more problems with Toshibas?

<---- System Info is thattaway