LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Games minimize to TaskBar - Strange problem

Guest DaveS

Guest DaveS

I have Toshiba 5205-S504 and have in the past successfully upgraded the video drivers without this problem....

BUT latley if I use any driver later than 47 or 48 when I run any Direct 3D game it will minimize to the taskbar and cannot be switched to... it will simply keep minimizing.

I have used Driver Cleaner 3 to remove all trace of Nvidea drivers in safe mode and reinstalled many times same result..

If I go back to ant 48 or earlier drive the problem goes away.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for any ideas.

Edited by ®®®

Do you have any programs that control how the Task-bar works ?

ie those fancy desktop organisers.

Pieter.

Guest DaveS

No nothing 3rd party at all, only the "Intel speedstep" installed by Toshiba.

It's strange because I was running "50" somethings for a long while, and upgraded maybe a month or two ago to some "60"'s which I decided were slower.

That's when the problem began, seems maybe the "60"'s put something on that even driver cleaner does not find?

I am running the 47.18's right now and they seem to be just fine... so I may just stick with these, I don't think any of the later drivers really offer anything for the 460 go ?.

But let me know if you know different :)

Thanks

have you tried switching between "dualview" "clone" "single display" etc.? sometimes this has resolved the problem on mine. although, overall, i have had so many problems with this that I have eventually stuck with 43.65 with the OEM .inf (japanese version of this model).

as far as I can tell, the problem arises when a program seeks to change the resolution. so if your desktop resolution is set to the same resolution that a game or whatever tries to launch itself in, then there is no problem. so an inconvenient workaround is to swich your desktop resolution before launching the program.

Guest DaveS

That is sure what it looks like, get "stuck" trying to switch resolutions....

Oh well the 47.18's seem to work fine so I guess I will stick with these.

Time to upgrade hardware :)