LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia Geforce4 420 Go (Toshiba)

Guest Brett

Guest Brett

Hello to everyone,

Well guys I am hoping that this forum will be able to solve a problem with my laptop that no one else has been able to solve. I have a Toshiba Satelite 2450 with a Pentium 4 2.66 Processor, 512mb ram and a 40G harddrive. My video card is an Nvidia Geforce4 420 Go (Toshiba) with 64mb of ram. The laptop has worked really well up until I have tried to play the lastest round of games to be released. Now my video card can no longer hack it and there is no support through %$*& Toshiba to update the drivers.

My email address is brettlez_08@hotmail.com so if anyone can help me update my drivers for this video card I would be very grateful! Otherwise I'll go insane not being able to play Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 when they are released!!!

Thanking you all in advance for your help,

Brett :)

Try some modded drivers from here then.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/modifyinf.htm

Instructions on how to install are here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/instructions.htm

If you get a black bar look here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=202

If you have any questions just ask.

How about trying the 56.72 driver?

Guest Brett

:)

Bill you are a champion! I downloaded the 56.72 file and installed it and now my video card drivers are upgraded! Thank you so much for your help and your speedy reply!

I only have two more questions now:

1. The 56.72ALL folder has four sub-folders. I installed the drivers from the sub-folder simply titled 56.72 however I was wondering what the other ones (56.72a, 56.72b, 56.72x & 56.72xq) are? Are these subsequent driver updates and therefore should I install them all?

2. If I still have my laptop years down the track and I wish to again upgraded the video card drivers (god of finances willing I will have a new computer by this stage!!) again, will this awesome site provide that service?

Anyway thanks for your help so far Bill and I look forward to your reply!

Sincerly,

Brett

The other 3 drivers in their are StarStorm drivers, you probably saw links to them on Pieter's page, they are hacked drivers sorta (I think, I forgot what all is different with them).

This place should still be here years down the road.

If those drivers work fine for you, you should keep them until something better comes out or those drivers don't work with a newer game.

Just remember, if you have questions, just ask.

If those drivers do give you problems, just ask and I can recomend you some other ones.

Guest indoman_il

Hey guys first i must say u guys do a great job.

shortly now: i have a toshiba satellite 2410 with a Geforce4 420go 32mb my laptop is 15v......... now using the OLD 28.46(the only one that works).

cant get any of the drivers to work with out a black bar problem.

what should i try??? and what INF should i put???

• 7 years later...