LaptopVideo2Go Forums

i5150 with nVidia go 5200 problems

Guest Big Cheese

Guest Big Cheese

When I'm playing a game (for example, UT2k4), I can enter and play in the game fine. However, when I go to exit the game, the system locks up and the Blue Screen occurs (never wrote down the exact information). When I start the laptop back up, Windows tells me the blue screen was related to my go5200 drivers. I am using the drivers that came out of the box (no updates, anything) from Dell.

I am wondering if anyone here can provide me with a direction to go in terms of getting new drivers. I don't care so much about multiple desktop support, just looking for good quality + performance with drivers. (Oh, and, stability too :) )

Any suggestions?

You got the latest BIOS updates for your graphics card?

You need to get all the updates off of Dell's site.

Since you are getting problems with Dell's drivers, you might to contact Delll about it too.

You should try some 50s drivers.

On the website under the link 'Dell Laptops' are the latest BIOS's and Official Dell video driver, I've done all the hard work in seaching for you.

Have a look here, also latest Chipset updates and DX9c are recommended.

Enjoy,

Pieter.