LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FX 5600 My scores should be higher

Guest Plazmodeus

Guest Plazmodeus

Hello

I just bought a new Toshiba P10-610, a Canada only desktop replacement that features a p4 3ghz/800fsb HT, 512MB PC 2700, FX5600 64mb, and a gorgeous 1900x1200 WUSXGA.

Sadly my 3DMark2003 scores are dissapointing: around 1700 with the latest drivers and all my settings tweaked properly. This is about 1000 pts less than similar laptops. This is NOT what i paid for! I checked my GPU clock speeds:225/590. Not speedy, but is that enough to hobble my performance that much?

Anyone know what I can do to pick that score up????? Any suggestions on which drivers might maximize that score?

New to the forums and thanks in advance for the help

Adam

Have you had a look at my 'Max speed' page on the website here are some hints to get the max performance out of your GPU.

Remember to turn off all the AA and stuff as well, as bechmarks measure pure performance not Quality.

Also make sure you have no TV or CRT out connected as this can decrease performance by 10%.

I'm not sure what the default GPU and Mem speeds are for go5600, some one might enlighten us.

Pieter.

I too have a Toshiba P10, a P10-874 (3Ghz P4, 512MB RAM, FxGo5600 w/64mb) and I generally find the 3D performance of my laptop quite dissapointing. I have tried multiple drivers, from the 40 series all the way up to version 62.20 which I am using now but it hasn't really made any difference. I always set everything in the drivers for performance but that also doesn't make any difference.

My desktop is an Athlon XP2800+ with 1 gig of RAM and a Geforce4 4200Ti and games there run incredibly faster. Especially DOOM 3, on my desktop I can run it at 640x480 with medium detail, 2x AA and all options on very, very smoothly (from 32 to 45 fps) but on my P10 laptop at 640x480, lowest detail and all options off, the game is almost unplayable (~15-20 fps). I have tried all the known tweaks but they don't work. I even checked my driver settings for the "multiple monitor" issue but its ok.

Any suggestions?

Guest felixs

Hi

I updated to the 61.77 driver and my 3DMark03 went from 2073 to 2218 and the 3Dmark2001se from 8103 to 8565.

This doesnt look like a big improvment.

But the new driver realy boostet doom3 and farcry!

Before the games were only playable at 640x480 in the lowest settings.

Now I play at 1024x768 at high quality and all effect eabled.

I dont know the exact fram rates but it feels around 25 fps.

Felix

WELCOME pazmodeus ! im from Montreal area

around 2200 seem very good i think for FX5600...considering hardware difference in those GPU , and different clock setting...?

read my compare/review about fx5600

toshiba against inspiron8600 review

Hey I have also a Toshiba 5200-903 with FX5600 and 64 mb.

My score with 3DMark2003 is 2227. With 61.77

But I think after reinstalling my system I haven`t update the Benchmark to v340. Have to get a look on this. Try it tonight.