LaptopVideo2Go Forums

LCD is broke so ...

Guest schootre

Guest schootre

Well ,this fourm rocks.My LCD is broke so I need the best driver for my system

to force clone out of the S-vidio(I have no problem with VGA).I read the dualview info,will that work with the latest Dell drivers(I have those now)

by the way -happy birthday- :)

TIA

Can't you make the S-video out your primary monitor?

I am on the 44.03 drivers right now, you should be able to do whatever it is you are talking about on the drivers you are on, I assume you are talking about the 42.58 drivers? Also there is an A11 BIOS out now, not that it matters.

You didn't brake the UltraSharp screen did you?

Now THAT would stink. :)

Anyway, it is possible even on those earlier drivers to set a keystroke to enable clone mode, I have control+Y set to turn clone mode on.

Bill

P.S. Can ANYBODY see my avatar anymore?

Guest schootre

Well,Ican´t find the hot key optiton,I´ll look som more when it comes back from the shop.Yup..it WAS a UltraSharp :P :) :P

I will try the 43.03 if it has the hot key optiton :(

By the way,do you overclock your card :(

What is a avatar :)

The hotkey option is in the Nview desktop manager, under the hotkey tab, also, my avatar was the animated gif that was under my name, I think imagebay just went down again, I emailed the admin of imagebay and if it doesnt come back soon I will upload my avatar here.

When you set clone mode from your drivers just right click on the TV and go to select output device and go to advanced options, from there you should be able to force it to use S-video output, atleast instead of composite, if you your Pieters mod INF for the 44.03 driver it forces the laptop to think that a CRT and TV are attached,even though they aren't that might be what you are looking for, I can post an INF tomorrow if you want.

Bill

If you want me to mod the INF for 44.03 for you, just ask.

I can enable/disable specific settings, like overclocking page, forced detection of CRT/TV (I think you need to leave that on), or other things.

Guest schootre

Cool,with the old drivers the crt worked with fn-f8 but for the tv I have to get in display-advanced options...Hard to do when you can´t see anything.I´ll try the 44.03 drivers when it comes back from the shop.Thanks

:)

I'm curious, how did it brake?

I want to make sure it doesn't happen to me lol, but if it did I would have a good excuse to buy an Inspiron XPS with a better screen lol.

You should set hotkeys for stuff like turning the TV on, ect.

I know the newer drivers have more hotkeys than older ones, but even old 40s have the nview desktop managert and the ability to turn clone mode on with a hotkey.

Bill

P.S. So you got them to fix the screen? (as in get you a new one)

How much did that cost?

I would like to know the retail price for the Ultra Sharp screens.

I do know that Dell does sell a 21 inch 1600x1200 ultrasharp for desktop PCs, or laptops with DVI out, that retails for like $1,000 last time I checked.