LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DOOM3 with Geforce Fx go5200?

Guest Erdrickk

Guest Erdrickk

Can someone give me the juice here...

Does the Geforce Fx go5200 Run Doom 3 with the 62.20 drivers?

need someone who has tried it, OR, tried doom 3 with a lesser video card, cause if that works then I am ok...

Doom3 is compatible with your card, tell us the rest of your system specs, but your laptop should run the game.

I am not sure if it will work with those drivers for you but it should.

Edit: Even though I have not tried it, Doom3 should run nice on my laptop(specs in sig) so you should get an idea. It was designed to run on GF4 MX and better cards.

Bill

Bill is a Nvidia Fx Go5200 64 MB faster then your card or slower? that way I can get an idea, if its slower, I wont bother with Doom 3

My system Specs:

Mobile P4 3.02GHZ

512 MB DDR 333MHZ Ram

60 Gig HD (5400 RPM)

Fx go5200 64 MB Card

533MHZ Front Side Bus

I am using Drivers 62.20 right now

It should be noticeably faster probably, and it supports DX 8 and 9 even though I hear 9 is slow on that one.

You should get it, the game should run just fine on those specs :)

I also hear that DX9.0c with those drivers might improve speed, if you dont already have that installed, play the game without it then with it and tell us if it runs faster.

Bill

P.S. Don't I have the coolest sig?

Guest citrixcl

yeah i should work on the gofx5200 but not that fast... the go5200 is a first generation dx9 card... so i wouldnt expect great performance in the highest quality settings on the highest quality game graphics... but doom3 is one of the reasons i bought the go5200...