LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DELL i8600 BIOS Update Questions

Guest Dyuta

Since I purchased my i8600 about a year ago, I haven't updated the BIOS (yes, shameful, I know). I was wondering what versions of my System and Video BIOS I should update to.

Now, I've been told that I should update my System BIOS only up to A03 due to fan concerns... can anyone substantiate this? Is there any reason Dell's Video BIOS would also be subject to the same concern (that the older version is superior)? Also, is there anything I should be particularly worried about when updating my BIOS?

I've already updated my drivers to 62.20 + Pieter's .inf... is there anything I'm missing to making the most of my gameplay (currently, Doom 3) experience?

All help would be most appreciated.

P.S. I apologize if I'm not as knowledgeable as the rest of this community... just trying to make the most of my laptop performance.

EDIT: Oh, and I also updated my Intel Chipset .inf if that makes any difference.