LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amazing DOOM3 Performance - 61.77

Guest Justin

Guest Justin

I have an Inspiron 8600 with FX5650 Go, and the 61.77 drivers give amazing results with DOOM3 - I ran 'timedemo demo1' using 56.72 and 61.77 with all advanced options on and it is more than twice as fast!

56.72 = 19 FPS

61.77 = 44 FPS

This is great result as the game plays really smoothly and looks astounding

Thanks Pieter

sorry , too fast try.... forgot to verify advanced display

,45 fps was reach with low detail, all effect OFF !

in my case

at 640X480 ,medium quality , all effect on , AA off , score is 29 fps

Guest Justin

More details:

I run the game at 640*480 - it still looks good to me

I have a 1.7M processor and 1Gb Memory

Also I run the benchmark twice as the first time its a bit slower!

But I get 44FPS every time with all settings on

High Detail with all advanced on and Shadow:

800x600 28.3 fps

1024x768 20,7 fps

High Detail all advanced on and without Shadow:

800x600 38,7fps

1024x768 28,3 fps

Thats cool. Thing the 1GB Ram is very useful. During the Game the Taskmanager told me that I use 780 Mb at the Moment.

I have an Inspiron 8600 with FX5650 Go, and the 61.77 drivers give amazing results with DOOM3 - I ran 'timedemo demo1' using 56.72 and 61.77 with all advanced options on and it is more than twice as fast!

56.72 = 19 FPS

61.77 = 44 FPS

This is great result as the game plays really smoothly and looks astounding

Thanks Pieter

In 800x600 or 1024x768 ?

Guest Justin

I run at Medium detail - High slows things down visibly and Low doesnt gain any extra speed at all.

Here's the thing - I insist on running the game with Shadows on (this is one game where shadows are absolutely necessary unlike Far Cry), and Shadows have the biggest impact on performance, so I run at 640*480 with all effects on and Medium detail to get the speed I need.

I find the 45FPS makes the game experience so much better in action than 30FPS when running at 800*600

Funny how Specular effects have no performance impact - on Halo they virtually half the speed of the game

I also ran the HL2 Benchmark - the good news is it runs at 70+ FPS, the bad news is that it forces DX8 on this card so I imagine that the game is not going to look its best on this card.

Does anyone know if Far Cry has a timedemo benchmark? I want to test my settings!!

u get 45 ######, i get 39.7 stock settings and if i tweak the config file i get 40, what did u change??? and if u oced whats ur colck settings

the niTz