LaptopVideo2Go Forums

OpenGL Stereo on 61.76 (Dell M60)

Guest quadbuffer

Guest quadbuffer

After installing 61.76 and 30.25 INF on a Dell Precision M60, the OpenGL Stereo Option disappeared from the control panel.

This can be fixed as follows:

Using regedit, find the following registry key:

HKLM\SoftwareNVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations

There should be a value called 'ControlsOverride'

Change the value to 1, and the stereo should be working again.

How do you like the 61.76 & 30.25 combo on the M60? Running it on a Q700 or Q1000?

Heh - I'm only on day two, but it seems to work fine so far (shouldn't curse it by saying that :)

It's a Quadro FX Go1000 with WSXGA 1680x1050 panel. I've also got the consumer stereo drivers 61.76 installed and those seem to work OK also and don't disable quad-buffer Stereo as I feared they might.

It's all good!

quadbuffer,

I'll change the INFs as offv30.27 to 1.

Do you know what else ControlsOverride does there are a few known settings:

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x00000002

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x00000008

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x00000080

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x00000082

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x11DA

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x1A2

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x1EA

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x409

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 0x501

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",ControlsOverride,  %REG_DWORD%, 1

Cheers for that,

Pieter.

Guest quadbuffer

OK, a few days after 61.76 and I have had my laptop freeze up 2-3 times (only running desktop, nothing graphics intensive..) Although it only seems to happen after extended use, and the machine feels pretty hot.. it spooked me enough to downgrade back to Dell 53.81 just in case. (I must have cursed it after all..)

I don't know for sure that it's the graphics drivers, but I plan to run the old drivers for a few days to find out (leaving all settings otherwise unchanged..)

I'm not sure of the ControlsOverride meaning, but the supplied Dell 51.81 has it set to 1 (although it is worth noting that the behaviour for a given value could differ between driver versions).

quadbuffer - any particular reason you're using Dell 53.81 instead of Dell 53.82?

Guest quadbuffer

not really, 53.81 is what I was running previously - I just went back to see if that cured the freezing.

indeed, since going back to 53.81 I haven't had any freezes.

therefore, it seems that the 61.76 drivers with patched INF were unstable on my laptop. I'm not sure if this is something that can be cured by tinkering with the INF file or not.. but for the moment, I'll stick with the old but functional 53.81 I think :)

Why don't you try Dell 53.82 available here ftp://ftp.dell.com/video/R73978.EXE' target="_blank">

Aside from being slightly faster than Dell 53.81, it has specific Quadro 1000 enhancements, as well as the fixes listed below -

DVD playback fails on Solidworks app profile.

Solidworks:Artifacts on display.

Taskbar and icons do not follow the primary display when using MS property page.

Overlay is not visible on both displays when running with Video Mirror disabled.

Keep me posted on how you find 53.82 as compared to 53.81...

Guest quadbuffer

I was really hoping to get 61.76 working, because I want to do some software development with shaders in OpenGL, but not at the cost of a laptop that freezes unpredictably :)

As you suggest, I might well move to 53.82

Try 65.90 it's a Quadro specific driver, you'll need the modded INF as the original only supports the Quadro FX4000.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.