LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Record Game play

Guest Erdrickk

Guest Erdrickk

How do you record your game.. Say doom 3 as you play it, and compress it to an avi file or something

I wanna show my friend this game before he buys it..and he lives 3 states away so..I want something I can email

Well if your laptop has a TV out you could use that and a TIVO or VCR to record, then capture your video onto your PC and convert it to divx or something, then send it too him over a messaging program or what not.

Also, I think a program called fraps can record, if you can record a game demo in that game do it first then use FRAPS to record it, there are other programs too.

Edit: If you want DIVX, you can get a free trial for free, also you should use a program called virual dub (free of course) to do the conversion, I do capturing and stuff on my laptop, so you should AIM me for very specific questions, or just post here.

I also have other internet friends who do editing that might be able to help you over AIM or MSM with capture and video editing questions, just ask and I might be able to PM you there AIM or something if they approve, or just give me your aim and I can tell them if you need help, I am not always here as much because of homework and stuff.

Also, I just bought a Seagate Barracuda 160 GB 7,200 RPM 8 MB cache HD to use externally with my laptop, someone here try and beat that on a laptop!

If anyone is interested, I will buy this enclosure:

and this firewire cable.

Bill