LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Stanby Mode does not work on 420go w/SP2

Guest Brian

Has anyone else had any problems like this with SP2?

I have a VPR Matrix laptop with a 420go 32mb card. I was stuck using the old VPR Matrix drivers until I found this site and was able to upgrade to the 53.03 drivers with the modded inf file at laptopvideo2go.

Originally the install worked but my standby was not working, then I reinstalled and chose the driver w/Standby fix and it worked like a champ.

Unfortunately, after updating to SP2, my standby does not work again. If I try to come back from standby, the screen stays black and I have to hard shutdown the laptop.

I rolled back SP2 and standby works again. Does anyone know of an updated inf file or something like that which might resolve this? Should I upgrade to a different version of the drivers? I went with 53.03 because of the recommendation section on this board.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest johndude

I have problems on a Toshiba satellite M10 (GeForce4 420 Go 32MB) after installing SP2.

After returning from Standby, explorer opens transparent+empty windows, graphics grabbled all over the screen etc.

(and drivers are version 6.14.0010.4634, the Toshiba ones!!)

Could anybody suggest a stable SP2-proof driver version ?

THANX!

BTW: I arrived to your forum googling for help... I'm not after the 61.77 version but I understand the closed to the latest the better ...

I don't know about XP SP2 Proof drivers, but try some later ones like 61.77 or some of the new 55s or something.

You might need the blackbar fix for your Toshiba.

I would recomend an older driver as that might be faster for you, but SP2 is probably not designed to work with older drivers. (Microsofts fault :angry: )

Basically what I usaully say is that the newer drivers might not always be the best. (atleast for older cards like the GF4 GOs, ect)

But you should try them anyway although you might get a black bar.

If you have the black bar or are concerned about it, look here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5832&st=40' target="_blank">

You should ask about the black bar there or other similar threads if you have one, that black bar fixer page looks nice.

Bill

Guest davidh44
Originally the install worked but my standby was not working, then I reinstalled and chose the driver w/Standby fix and it worked like a champ.

Unfortunately, after updating to SP2, my standby does not work again. If I try to come back from standby, the screen stays black and I have to hard shutdown the laptop.

SP2 installed a newer nVidia driver for you. Don't recall the exact driver version, but I believe it was 56.xx.

You can simply reinstall your 53.03 drivers with the inf with standby fix. Or you can try to "roll back" the nVidia driver itself instead of the whole SP2 install. Or you can use this as an opportunity to upgrade to one of the latest 6x.xx drivers. Just make sure to apply the standby fix again.