LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Gf fxg 5200 on samsung x15, with 61.77 and mod inf

Guest Dimitri

Guest Dimitri

Hi everyone,

I have a samsung x15plus laptop. Both the stickers on it and the online manual say that the geforce and the 15.4" screen support resolutions up to UXGA (1600x1200). At first, with the 53.03 drivers, I couldn't select resolutions higher than 1024x768 in the display properties. I downloaded the 61.77 driver with the modified inf. In the advanced properties of nvidia, I can now unlock resolutions up to 1600x1200. But when I try it, the screen display stays in 1024x768 but the desktop resolution changes to 1600x1200, i.e. I have to scroll with the mouse since I can't see the whole desktop.

Is there a way or a driver that will allow me to do real 1600x1200 ?

Thanks for your help

regards,

Dimitri

Having had a look at the specs from Samsung : http://www.samsung.com/hk/products/notebookcomputer/x_series/nx15.asp?page=Specifications

It looks like you maximum resolution for the X15plus is 1400x1050.

The x15 has a max of 1024x768.

The stickers are probably misleading as it probably means the external CRT resolution is 1600x1200.

If you are getting a max resolution of 1024x768 you might only have the x15 ?

What is the max resolution the original driver (one that came with the laptop) ?

This will be the highest resolution you display can handle, what you are getting now is called a virtual Dispay where you can scroll around the desktop.

I hope this helps,

Pieter.

Guest Dimitri

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm a little confused.

The laptop is a x15plus.

The sticker on it says '15.4" screen, XGA, SXGA+ or UXGA'

The online manual spec section says :

LCD screen size : 15 inches XGA / SXGA+ / UXGA TFT LCD

it also recommands "for UXGA models" to set the screen size in windows to 1600x1200 / 32 bits

But the maximum resolution that was available with the original driver was 1024x768.

:)

Dimitri

I'm quite sure now that you have the XGA (1024x768) screen at 15"

The 15.4" displays are either 1680x1050 or 1920x1200 and are wide screen.

The 15" screens go as high as UXGA (1600x1200)

Very odd advertising to the point of being misleading.

Measure your screen from bottom corner to top opposite corner this is the size of the screen.

Divide by 2.54 if measuring in CM to get inches.

A program called Scisoft Sandra should report the max resolution your screen can handle.

It's a free download.

I hope this helps,

Pieter.