LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GF FX5650 driver 66.00

Guest m0rPh3uS

Guest m0rPh3uS

hi all. im new :P

i found this side today and i tried the new 66.00 driver for my fx5650^^

thats kewl. i have more performance in doom3 :) :)

but i have a little problem:

in the nvidia display settings - device settings - device adjustments: i really want to choose the last option: 'fixed aspect ratio scaling problem'

cause it's the best property for my 15.4" display ^^

when i play all is kewl. but when i restart my system this options automatically sets back to the first (standard) setting 'display adapter scaling' ...

so. why? can anybody help me plz?

i have win xp pro sp1 + all patches

greetz m0rPh

I bet this is either a problem with the driver itself and is not fixeable, or it is a tweak that is doing that. I will look at the mod INF to see if I see anything suspicious in it.

Edit: This looks suspicious:

[nv_OGLFlatPanelScaler]
HKR,, OGL_FlatPanelScalerQuality,    %REG_DWORD%,    2

Changing that part in the INF from 2 to 1 or 0 and re-installing the driver might have some effect on that.

Do you get this problem with other drivers in the 60s range? Like 65s or 62s or 61s?

You might want to get some input from the mods here like Pieter or something before you try that.

Bill

Guest m0rPh3uS

yeah thx first for the quick answer :)

the 66.00 driver is the first driver from here i used.

i had the 61.77 detonator before. there was no problem. i'll try it with your tip tomorrow thx! or any mod have a better idea for me? :P i hope it will not crash the driver :)

It should not crash your laptop, but it might disable/change the scaling settings.

I really do not know what it does.

I have a feeling that another setting might control that, there was a similar problem with a tweak reverting people's settings on reboot.

It could just be the driver.

Mobilenvidia (Pieter) should know what that tweak does.

Bill

Edit: that 61.77 mod INF has the same setting(2).

It must be another tweak or just a driver problem.

Try the 65.73 driver with Pieter's mod INF, and report if you have problems with that.

Guest m0rPh3uS

hm. ok

i'll try it with the 65.73 driver and the moded inf. but later. my computer is most time (when it's off) in hibernating modus. so there is no problem with this driver :)

i have at the time not much time to test it with the other driver sry. i'll reply my result l8er