LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Pieter's starstorm 56.72's

Guest fg42

with pleasure.

I use speedfan since years.

Needed it to lower the noise ( :) ) of all fans in my ABIT KT7A Desktop system.

don'tknow the link speedfan.almico.com does not work for me...any ideas?

just almico.com

speedfan was the reply to the question "btw is there a program out like fanGUI for laptops other then dell ??"

Was in a hurry.

Hi,

I'm trying to install 56.73 + modified inf on my toshiba 5105-s501 (it has 440 go), but it sets me resolution to 1372x1050 instead of desired 1400x1050, so I have black vertical stripe on the right side of the monitor.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Vlad.

Vlad,

Please read the Support section of the is Forum, it's full of Toshiba owners that have the same problem.

We are working on it, but no fix yet.

Pieter.

Thanks don'tknow...if speedfan has an non interfering "observer mode" that is if I can use it to only monitor temperatures instead of altering fan on-off points etc. I'm going to try it out.

Guest Guest
Please read the Support section of the is Forum, it's full of Toshiba owners that have the same problem.

We are working on it, but no fix yet.

Pieter,

thanx for fast relpy. It seems to me that for some reason nvidia driver fails to read correct values about available monitor resolution, because I managed (playing with .inf) to set resolution to 1400x1050 , however it still had that black bar on the left and was paning left-right the whole desktop in 1372x1050 area :)

Another moment for the above thought - when I delete all drivers completely (there is nice "cleaner" that leaves no tracks of nvidia drivers in windows: http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/) so after reboot my windows detects card as "generic VGA", it shows it with *correct* 1400x1050 resolution.

I plan on tring different versions of drivers / mods later tonight.

Vlad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sparky

I am not sure the card is overheating... wouldn't the Drivers say so, because I have the warning indicator selected so it should pop up a message when it overheats.

Also according to the drivers overheating starts at 111C? The 91C was in the DIMM section of '8kGUI' the GPU section never goes above 60C.

BTW peeps what clock speed do you set your FX5650? Mine is at CORE 325Mhz and MEMORY CLOCK FEQ 590Mhz at 3D SECTION..... is that the correct clock speed for no overclocking???

Currently still using the Fab 53.03 drivers. I also use a notebook cooler that makes my laptop ice cold underneath even after hours of intensive use.

ANy more help would be greatly appritiated to helping me with this problem =)

Guest Sparky

Cleared a load of dust outta of the GPU Fan assembly too, about a square inches worth.... errrr. I live in a clan house honest.

re-tried the drivers..... still does it arhhhhhh.... boo hoo......

can i use a 53.03 inf with a 56.72 driver? Probably not....