LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DVI, Geforce go5200 64mb & an Apple 23"

Guest Michael Gorbach

Guest Michael Gorbach

Im having problems getting my apple 23" cinema display (old clear kind) running on my toshiba tecra m2 with geforce go5200 video. It supports DVI and i have my computer plugged into a dock for the dvi interface, but the apple monitor does nothing but flash thrice (meaning: incorrect video format) when i try to use it in any mode on the pc. Absolutly not video output is going to that screen. Im getting pretty deseprate and the monitor's very expensive, could any knoweldgable in mobile DVI please help?

Im using the latest detonators off this site.

This must be asked, but after connecting your Monitor did you enable either Dualview or Clone mode, or one of the spanning modes ?

Without this the monitor will just stay blank.

There should be a key combination to switch between LCD/TV/monitor, ALT+blabla (not sure what Toshiba's are), try this.

There should be a key combination to switch between LCD/TV/monitor, ALT+blabla (not sure what Toshiba's are)
FN+F5

Enabled dualview, 2 span modes, and even single view and clone. I tried them all! nothing!

I wonder if its an incompatability with the monitor, or a broken DVI?

I wish i could test the DVI on another monitor, but it seems impossible.

Michael,

"The Tecra M2, ... must be configured correctly to display a video image on both the internal LCD panel and on an external display (monitor, projector, TV)."

Does THIS help? (Enable the full screen device to Secondary/External display)

Or could it be a dock issue? The signal may not reach correctly the external device.. To be true I don't have experience with that.

Nope, looked at the article and it doesent see mto be realted (it has to do with video overlays, while im getting no sginal at all).

Thank you so much everyone for even responding, i havent had any responses in most other spaces.

It may be a dock issue, but everything seems to be working ok with regards to the dock (power, ethernet going through, usb working ok).