LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Inspiron 8600 w/ Quadro FX 1000

whiteashcm1

I recently upgrade my i8600 from the nvidia fx 5650 128mg to the quadro fx 1000 and was wondering what is the best running driver for this card. i play il2 stormavick which is a direct x 8 game but my frame rate was much better with the 5650. the game played smooth with no stutters. with the quadro this games stutters and hangs really bad, i was wondering is there any kind of adjustments i could do to the driver or is there a better driver period. i am using the 56.72 with modded inf and have directx 9.0b installed. is the problem because this game is directx 8 based or is it the graphics card driver.. i thought this baby would rock but it seems to be doing the opposite.. any of you nvision gurus have a solution?? any info would be greatly appreciated... thanks, steve

Maybe you should try the 65.73 driver?

The 66.31 driver is nice, either version of that will work fine, to get digital vibrance to work in a game you have to make a profile for it.

Some more input here would be nice. (from other people)

Bill

The Quadro go1000 should be just like a go5700, it should be somewhat faster with anything DX9.

I would recommend 65.73 for your new GPU, it's both stable and fast.