LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v66.81, v66.84, v66.87, v66.89 XP 32bit | NV, DELL

Kamika007z

Make another partition just for testing, then you'll always have a working computer.

This is what I've been doing for over a year now, and has saved my bacon many a time.

Yeah the EDID mods begin again, I'll get hold of tentonine to come over and do the same.

Also, how would I go about getting the vbios ripped from my card?

Thanks Pieter,

John

Use nvflash /? under DOS . I forgot which switch. Or you could use Ray Adams BiosEditor or AIDA32 to save VBIOS. I had problems earlier because some apps save the wrong filesize. Look here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=758# . Ministeve suggested to use dumpbios.exe

Hi tentonine,

Are you looking for an EDID override fix?

Should be no problem if you are.

tentonine, here is the golden line to get your NVD0400 to look like your SEC0000

HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, 3A,C4,00,04,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,14,34,80,20,18,00,EA,A8,E0,99,57,4B,92,25,1C
50,54,00,00,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,48,3F,40,30,62,B0
32,40,40,C0,13,00,42,F1,10,00,00,1E

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, got the links to this site off a post from the Dell forum.. been a long time since I've been trying to figure out what ###### driver I can use w/ my Inspiron 8100, 440 and IBM screen (was stuck on 2980).. finally these new drivers are working, thanks so much!!

One question, and excuse me if it's a novice one since I am not too experienced with all this.. after loading to the 6681 and modified INFs, now on boot I am getting the following error 'Error loading NvQTwk the specified module could not be found' - can someone suggest a fix to this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks again!

NvQTwk isn't part of the driver set anymore, so it's being called from a previous installation. If you are comfortable editing the registry, run Regedit and go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run and delete the line that's trying to load it.

If you don't want to edit the registry, uninstall the driver in the Control Panel, under Add/Remove Programs, and try reinstalling the driver. If that doesn't clear it, find a cleaner like Detonator RIP (or something similar) and use it to remove all the old nVidia garbage from the registry.

Thanks for your reply.. did some internet searching and got to that conclusion as well.. before reading your post, I simply did a search for files containing that file name in it.. found two in system32 directory where I believe all get loaded from.. anyway, I deleted those two files/entries and I think it did the trick.. let me know if you think there is any danger in the way I approached this?

Is Detonator RIP compatable with XP? I may do it to clean up any other junk I may not know exists.. would you recommend doing that?

Thanks again..

Just to follow up, and I apologize about the multiple posts.. whatever I deleted seems to have worked for one reboot... to be safe I decided to uninstall and reinstall the new drivers and I am getting the error again now. Not sure what I deleted, let me know if you think anything may have been harmful?? I am going to try what you suggest regarding the registry.

Thanks for your responses.. and sorry again for the multiple posts.

I did notice this.. I am running Ad-watch, and the event log on startup gives me the following notice (although after I get the error);

10/17/2004 Registry modification detected

Root: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current\Version\Run

Value: NvCplDaemon

Data: RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

New Data: RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Ok, I do promise this echo will stop!

I have tried two things.. one, delete that line in the registry as you recommended.. when reopening the registry it looks like it just reimplanted itself?? I also tried to modify it as the above Reg edit warning gave me and still on re-opening it reverted back to the old one.. I tried toying with permissioning but I can't seem to figure out how to get it done?

If you have any thoughts on how to get this corrected it would be appreciated!

Thanks again..

There are two or three legitimate nVidia lines in the registry Run section, so make sure you deleted the one referring specifically to NvQTwk. If you deleted one of the others by mistake, you should reinstall.

If that doesn't do it, then yes, use Detonator RIP. It works fine with XP.

When you reinstall, make sure you use the new driver's Setup or else use the "Have Disk" method. Don't let Windows choose the driver or it will try to use an existing INF instead of the one you want.

66.81 is now WHQL'ed for the following GPU's

NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0040.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0041.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0042.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0045.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_004E.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 4000"
NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C0.1 = "NVIDIA NV41"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0140.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0141.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0145.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6610 XL"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_014E.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 540"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_014F.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6200"
NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F1.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT "
NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F8.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400"
NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F9.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU"

Other change, 2 INFs one for WHQL and one for other GPU's.

When installing modded INF you'll need to remove both original INFs !!

New driver uploaded

Guest Farmelle

Been running this driver on my Inspiron 8500 with a GO 4200 and have been getting intermittent lockups or black screens, usually followed by the blue screen of death. Then again, I was getting the same thing with the 61.77 drivers. I guess what ever went wrong, its not fixed yet :)