LaptopVideo2Go Forums

QFXGo1000 BIOS update info?

ofelas

Quick question - I updated the video BIOS on my Quadro FX Go1000 a while back, but what exactly does it do? Here is the description on the Dell site -

- Active power down memory setting disabled: Intermittent pixel corruption or lock up.

- White screen (bloom) when exiting Dell internal diagnostic.

Thanks...

That first line means it disabled the "Active power down memory setting" which fixed the "Intermittent pixel corruption or lock up" problem.

The second thing fixed was the "White screen (bloom) when exiting Dell internal diagnostic."

I guess I could elaborate.

Bill

I guess it means they fixed some bugs. Don't know if the memory performs a "power down" like a hard drive? I would gather the memory didn't restore properly so they killed the feature.

A bloom of white appeared. Like a white flower blooming in the middle of a black petaled garden.

I think I prefer the psychadelic colored screen I once saw! :)

NV fixes the bugs and Dell is allowed to tweak the BIOS. I doubt Dell did anything to it.

Sorry Bill, had to chop out that last bit. Little "edgy" not knowing where ofelas is from. Besides the resolutions above are a bit cryptic.

Wonder what that "last bit" was...hit me with it, I'm relatively thick skinned...

Teraphy you are confusing both of us, or atleast me. :) :)

I probably need more sleep though.

:) People behave! What's goin on here. Go to bed, have a beer or clear your mind from negativity. Bless! :) :P :( :P :)

Yeah it's still monday night and the fire is down below. Lauschangriff Berlin. Can't stop dis fiyah. :P :(