LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nv_disp got stuck in an infinite loop

Guest Mahmood

Guest Mahmood

System: Satellite Pro 2100 (UK Model)

Adpater: Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go 16MB - 15V DC

Driver Version: 28.46

Hi,

The above machine exhibits an infinite loop problem after a stadby or hibernate. I am currently using the latest Toshiba supported driver for the machine which is 2.8.4.6. I have tried to use newer version of the driver (about 7 or 8 in all) obtained from this site and other places. None of them get me beyond the boot stage, i.e. the system grinds to to very slow crawl (takes 5 mins to complete a screen refresh).

Does anyone know what is going on in me not being able to use any of the newer versions of the driver? Many

Many Thanks

Mahmood

It seems that your system is messed up.

Uninstall the old 28.xx driver (ControlPanel method), delete all nv*.INFs and PNFs, search for more files that are NV related (OEMDIR), then search the registry for 420 Go and related entries, after that restart and install any new driver with the corresponding INF.

Guest Mahmood

Hi

Thanks. I tried doing what you suggested but once again failed to get the new driver to work. This time I used 57.79 and the associated inf. The problem once again was that in VGA 640x480 everything is fine. As soon as I try change the resolution, the machine becomes extremely slow. I am now back to using 28.46.

I would welcome any other suggestions you might have & once again, thanks for your effort.

Mahmood

• 2 weeks later...

Mahmood, use a driver cleaner like driverheaven.net/cleaner.

Try v66.32 with Pieter'S INF again. Your infinite loop is a result of a messed up driver installation try(!). Or it is something higher. like bad ram or bad mobo.