LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Primary and Secondary Display

M4LFUNCT10N

So here's the deal. I have a CRT monitor on my nightstand on the left side of the bed, and the lappy on my lap. I'd like to use either horizontal span or dualview with the CRT as the primary display and the flat panel as the secondary. That way the span is correct. But the settings don't allow you to set the CRT as the primary display. So far my current drivers and the latest Omega drivers have the same issue.

Satellite 1415-S173

XP Home SP2

GeForce4 420 Go 16MB

Driver version 65.73

INF version 30.32

And don't tell me to move my CRT to the other nightstand. :)

Put the following two lines into the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section, if they aren't already there:

HKR,, DualViewAllow2ndViewAsPrimary, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, DualViewAllowNonDFPAsPrimary,%REG_DWORD%, 1

That should do it.

I think I did it right. I added both those lines to the section you mentioned in the nv4_disp.inf file and then updated XP with the new driver.

Same problem. In Dualview it allows me to check the box, but when I click apply it doesn't switch. The two little pictures switch back to the original locations when I click apply. Horizontal span doesn't work either but all I really need is Dualview.

There are step by step instructions on the website for the enabeling of Dualview and also Clone mode.

It is best to have my INF installed as I can't gaurantee other setups.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/dualview.htm

Hope this helps.

mobilenvidia:

That's not what I'm talking about. I know how to enable dualview(I'm very profiecient with computers :) ). Dualview *works*. My problem is that it won't let me use my CRT as my primary and the LCD as the secondary. And yes I'm using your .inf. To illustrate, look at that page you linked. The last window capture sort of shows what I want. Notice how the CRT is the display selected(green outline), however the "Make this my primary display" is greyed out(not selectable).