LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BSOD

dinje

I keep getting a blue BSOD after playing fps games for about 10mins. Especially half life...jeez i should be able to play an old game like that!

The blue screen has a message on it, but it closes and reboot my lappy so fast, i cant read it.

Is this error logged anywhere?

any ideas please

ta

Oops again, the above guest post is mine, my laptop HD is like failed now I think and I'm scared to turn it on again cause it might quit for good after another boot-up.

Anyway I am on a desktop PC which is why I got logged out.

Also, what games does it do this?

Bill

Edit: fixed some spelling mistakes

hehe

Just because my PC is borked doesn't mean I will quite coming here. lol

Two potential suspects are heat and the 66.xx series of drivers. We've seen a few reports of behavior similar to yours with the later 66.xx drivers. If that's what you're running, try dropping back to one of the 65.xx drivers for now.

The other very real possiblity is heat. Make sure your heat sink is cleaned out and your fans are working properly.

thanks for the info...turned off reboot as you said...couldnt find error log though, so just wrote down the important bits from the BSOD

"the problem seems to be caused by the following file: NV4_disp"

"the device driver got stuck in an infinate loop, this usually indicates problems with the device itself or the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly"

"checkfor driver updates"

So just uninstalled the 66.81 and going to try 65.73 ill let u know if thats stable...off to play again.

You'll find the BSOD errorlogfile in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump