LaptopVideo2Go Forums

need 5700go to display 1280x768 external vga port

Guest Ivan

Hi guys please help - I have a toshiba p25 with the fx go5700 128mb and a samsung sm323t panel which has a native res of 1280x768.

The only way I can set up the laptop to display this resolution on the external vga port is to choose Clone mode and set the laptops panel (17" 1440x900 native) to 1280x768 which is allowed by the nview control panel software.

Unfortunately this has 2 drawbacks - the main one being that even if I try to set the external monitor to be the primary one, it still gets reset every time I try to watch video, and as you know video only gets displayed on the main monitor not on both. Also, the res looks horrible on the laptop screen and requires panning around with the mouse, which is ridiculous.

If I choose any other mode like dualview or single monitor, then I only get a choice of standard non widescreen resolutions. 1024x768 jumps straight to 1280x1024. I've ticked the don't hide modes box that doesnt help. I've installed the monitor inf file for the monitor and that doesn't help.

Basically what I need is to be able to see the video stream on the external vga port at 1280x768. Any chance I'm gonna be able to do that?

LOL, makes me feel happy!

This INF is by far the most usefull thing on earth!

In the last months we even get less and less problem reportings. It's just unbelievable how good it works out now.