LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fx Go5650 Driver Problem

Xodus22

Hello, I'm new to this forum and a newbie with graphics cards in general. I bought a Dell Inspiron 8600 last year and got the FX go5650 card with it. However, anytime I try to install a driver from anywhere other than the official Dell site, it doesn't work. I tried going to nvidia's official site and some others, but when I install those drivers, the card doesn't even recognize them. So, I'm wondering if someone can give me a link to a good driver for this card. Currently I'm running the 45.81 - the latest one available through Dell :) . However, this driver isn't working well for some of the games I'm trying to play and its very very old. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome Xodus, you have come to the right place.

Have a go with 65.73, probably the most stable of drivers at this point.

You are unable to install other drivers as they havn't the info on your GPU (only desktops are supported).

We modify the INF (installer information file) so that any driver is usable by all laptops/desktops.

Download driver then grab the same version INF, extract the driver files somewhere then copy the modified INF into the directory (ie replace the original INF)

Now uninstall old driver (via control panel, add remove programs), reboot now eihter point the new device found to the new driver or use setup.exe or use system properties update drivers to install driver.

Have a look around the site as there are step by step instructions in FAQ and website.

Enjoy.