LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Newb Help please

Guest Yendor28

Guest Yendor28

I have a

Dell inspiron 5150 Nvidia Geforce FX go5200

I recently started playing nba live 2005 pc but get lag (running from laptop not online) at RANDOM intervals during playing and it does not go away. renders it unplayable)

I have updated my video drivers to no avail

I do not know much but searched and found

Larry's INF for Dell 5150/5160 THREAD

but do not know how to install

Will this help me?

thanks

whaler01@tartarus.uwa.edu.au

It may well help, although the graphics card in the 5150 isn't a fast one by any means. Just follow the instructions found here. Let us know if you have any trouble with it, and let us know if it helps with performance. Thanks!

The modified INF wasn't put in the directory where you extracted the driver files.

Either replace the original INF with modded one or try again and then browse to the directory where the driver files are.

This will then install the driver.

Also, since your problem has been with game lagging, try driver version 66.81 with my inf. 66.81 is the fastest driver for the 5150 I've seen in quite a long while. It should help.

And Pieter is right. Just unzip the driver files to an empty folder somewhere and replace its inf with mine. Then use the "Have Disk" method of installing and browse to that location.