LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop does not resume from Standby

Guest Jorlin

Guest Jorlin

I am using the 56.82 + 20.32 inf on my laptop (see below).

When it is supposed to resume from standby the laptop just hangs. There is no harddrive activity and the screen does not turn on.

I do not encounter this problem with the retail drivers that came with the laptop (36.38).

I have also tried the combination previously described here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....findpost&p=3494

Can anybody help me? I need those drivers to play farcry...

Beside black bar, all 5x.xx I've tried recently (with modded infs) do not allow safe return from stand by. There is some cpu and disk activity for a few seconds, then everything freezes. I have not tried the original inf with 56.63, tough.

I have not tried the original inf with 56.63, tough.

Maybe it's worth a try with your doomed EDID problem.

Speaking about resuming from standby, what's the correct way to resume from standby on a Dell Inspiron 8200? Do you just open the screen or do you have to hit some key or buttons?

Doesn't matter on my TS, don't know if there is some special procedure on DELLs :) , but rather not.

Doesn't matter on my TS, don't know if there is some special procedure on DELLs :) , but rather not.

Heh... To be honest.. I am doing it correctly as I have close lid disabled so I have to do the manual standby to get it to goto sleep which seems to act like if the machine is off but to resume, I hit the power button and the power comes back on but the screen never does.

I have not tried the original inf with 56.63, tough.

Maybe it's worth a try with your doomed EDID problem.

56.63/NVTS solves the standby problem, but the black bar is there.

ministeve have you tried the NVCT.inf which is also Toshiba sometimes and also has 420Go inlcuded (though i didn't checked/compared the setting with NVTS.INF for your GPU section)

ministeve have you tried the NVCT.inf

I tried that in the first place. The system does not find a section for my card. Comparing the [NVIDIA.Mfg]:

NVCT.inf:

%NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0174.1% = nv4_NV17_BTR81, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0174&SUBSYS_FF001179
%NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0175.1% = nv4_NV17,       PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0175&SUBSYS_001214C0
%NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0175.2% = nv4_NV17_BTS88, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0175&SUBSYS_FF001179
%NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0177.1% = nv4_NV17_BTR80, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0177&SUBSYS_FF001179

NVTS.inf:

%NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0174.1% = nv4_NV17,       PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0174&SUBSYS_00011179
%NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0175.1% = nv4_NV17,       PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0175&SUBSYS_00011179
%NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0177.1% = nv4_NV17,       PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0177&SUBSYS_00011179

my subsys is 00011179, I think. At least, installation has always recommended a section for that subsys, when more than one was available for device 0175---as in 11.65 inf. (I admit I fail to understand the underlying algorithm that controls all this--- how can the installation procedure know my subsys is 00011179 if i cannot find it myself manually using AIDA? )

the SUBSYS can be found in the registry, where XP/2K stores the value after recognizing it during initial (first) setup of XP:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Settings\Video

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet000\Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0XXX&SUBSYS_XXXXXXXX&REV_XX

or just use the device Manager with the reg file i provided somewhere in the furom which unhides the "DETAILS" tab.

___

edit:

new Utilities item:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=646

Edited by dontknow

the SUBSYS can be found in the registry, where XP/2K stores the value after recognizing it during initial (first) setup of XP:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Settings\Video

not here

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet000\Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0XXX&SUBSYS_XXXXXXXX&REV_XX

yes! thanks a lot dontknow. In fact it's PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0175&SUBSYS_00011179&REV_A3

or just use the device Manager with the reg file i provided somewhere in the furom which unhides the "DETAILS" tab.

I'll try this again. Last time I tried it did not work

Another thing I have never understood is why GeForce4 420 Go Toshiba 32Mb is listed as 0175, whereas in many infs GeForce4 420 Go 32Mb is actually 0176.

i forgot you've had to reboot or wait you have 2000 right, maybe there is sth. different :)

thanks dontknow but your information was correct; the tweak should work for 2k:

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1175/

there must be something wrong with my system, nothing seems to work

thanks dontknow but your information was correct; the tweak should work for 2k:

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1175/

there must be something wrong with my system, nothing seems to work

i remembered that 2K needs a different header in reg files than XP, i corrected the Utilities thread some hours ago, but probably you haven't seen it yet:

Replace the first line of the reg file with:

REGEDIT4

instaed of the "Windows Registry Editor 5.00"

This should fix it....... or just add the DEV_MNGR_Deatils item manually to the Registry

or just add the DEV_MNGR_Deatils item manually to the Registry

I added it manually; pse find attached a tiny archive with my keys exported. Are they correct?

Maybe I did not find the right place where to look for the "Details" tab...

just run out of ideas.

tweak.zip

the next try:

goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

add string:

Devmgr_show_details

value:

next step:

WIN+R (RUN):

devmgmt.msc

select your Graphics adapter, doubleclick on GF2 420go,

there you see TABS:

GENERAL | DRIVER | DETAILS | RESSOURCES etc.

hope this helped