LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Graphical Issues

Guest [mouta]

Guest [mouta]

Hi people, I have a GeForce 4 488 Go 64 MB, i'm having graphical problems in some games speccialy EA ones and sometimes in Windows environment. You can see the problems in these 2 images. It's kind of points that start appearing on the menues and other things, big points like you see on the images, what's this and how can i solve this? It's really annoying, it pisses me of when i'm playing TCM 2005 and i start to have all the menues with this points and i can't almost see what's writen there. Thanks.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

If it doesn't crash the game I'm confused. In my thinking if data corruption occurs then the whole game should go down. Have you tried DirectX testing through the dxdiag program? What driver versions have you tried?

Guest [mouta]
If it doesn't crash the game I'm confused. In my thinking if data corruption occurs then the whole game should go down. Have you tried DirectX testing through the dxdiag program? What driver versions have you tried?

Detonator and Forceware, i've tried many drivers and i always get this points... and no, the game doesn't crash, like i said it starts to have this points on some menues and some textures corrupted... but the game keeps running fine... it's really annoying. What do you mean on testing directx?

START | RUN | DXDIAG+enter

I think he means go to the Direct 3D tab in DXDIAG and running the tests.

It looks to me like a game or driver bug, have you tried reinstalling the game or checking forums about it to see if others have the same issue?

It would also help if you told us exactly what drivers you have installed, (what version) and where you got them from, you should either install drivers that came with your laptop or from the site for it, or get them here, not from Nvidia's site.

Bill

Guest [mouta]
I think he means go to the Direct 3D tab in DXDIAG and running the tests.

It looks to me like a game or driver bug, have you tried reinstalling the game or checking forums about it to see if others have the same issue?

It would also help if you told us exactly what drivers you have installed, (what version) and where you got them from, you should either install drivers that came with your laptop or from the site for it, or get them here, not from Nvidia's site.

Bill

Not game cause i have it with all EA Games and sometimes in others and windows also. Not drivers cause i've already tried many, from NVIDIA and from here... what do you mean by make the tests?

Guest MIMOSYS

Is your card overclocked? I had the same kind of problems in games after I damaged the card due to overclocking it (thanks Dell for your super ventilation design!) I had to replace it since the problem started to get worse and made very strange screens (even without playing games).

Hope that's not the problem...

MIMOSYS (DELL 5150 GFORCE FX 5200)

,Nov 8 2004, 02:24 PM]
START | RUN | DXDIAG+enter

Yes, and then? What i'm supposed to do or to show?

Then click the top 3rd TAB and run the 2 tests shown there. If the tests were successfull, it proves nothing, but some people believe it shows everything is alright with the driver or your Windows or stuff. Just for your information.

offtopic: pls write down your VideoBIOS version. You are one of the rare persons with a 488 go.

Guest [mouta]

Well, some people on my university said also that can be an overheating problem and the graphics error ocurrs due to the memory of the graphic card. I'll send him to the factory again, i'm getting tired of this overheating problems, it has nothing to do with the drivers, thanks anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

:)

Coincidence that today i got my Toshiba back from Support :) (DVD-Burner and 2nd HDD switched)