LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cant Activate External VGA on Gf2Go

Guest mariachi76

Guest mariachi76

Hello!

I have an Acer 632LC with Geforce 2go with 1400x1050 LCD, a TV-Out and external VGA-Out.

Only with the original Driver, an 30.xx I can activate the external VGA. With other drivers from here (44.68, 66.81...) I just cant. Either the external Monitor is not shown in nview so I cant even use nview. In other versions I can activate clone but then Appears Error 103: Couldn't change acutal nview mode.

So what I need Is a driver newer than 43.xx with support for external VGA. Has anybody got such a driver? Does it help if i post the nv_disp.inf of the original driver provided by acer? Can anybody help me with that issue? It would be really important since I need to connect a projector to the external VGA Port.

thanks

mariachi76

Does THIS help?

If not, then i missed the question (Frage verfehlt, wie unsere Lehrer damals immer so schön sagten) :)

Guest mariachi76

Hello!

No, it doesn't help. Again: When I connect a external VGA Monitor to my laptop when booting, I see the booting screen on it, then the Windows XP logo until the detonator is loaded. This turns the external monitor off and by no means can be activated again under windows xp. Except with the original vga driver from acer which is 31.31 or so.

With all other drivers I can only use the tv-out for cloning, dualhead etc. But when the external monitor is connected, i cant even activate dualhead with my 66.81 and modified inf. I can switch to single view on analog monitor, but then an error appears (#103).

The strange thing is that when I switch resolution I hear the click of the external monitor when it changes resolution, but I don't see anything on it. The same happens with other driver versions for laptops, except the original acer driver.

Does this work with your laptop, I mean: can you use internal and tv out at the same time and internal und external at the same time for cloning, dualview etc.? Can anyone with a Geforce 2 go recommend me a driver > 43.xx where this does work?

greetings

Rainer

Guest Kamuska

Hello,

I am using an Acer 634 and I have the very same problem. I have tried a lot of driver version and only working is the original one.

My reason for upgrading the drivers is TVTool, which I am using for connecting computer to TV. It needs at least 44.XX version.

I am not able to help you, but if you find any suggestion, I?ll be very grateful.

Kamuska

Find the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of your inf and add the following two lines:

HKR,, NvCplConfiguration, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 255

Then reinstall the driver. You should then be able to see all devices in the nVidia Control Panel and choose them individually.

Guest mariachi76

Hello!

Thanks for that, I can now at least choose the external (=analog) display, but it remains black. This starts to become relly annoying since I want to connect a projector.

Has anybody an idea what could be the reason?

cu

mariachi76

i just made a qucik google search for error 103 and i found some explanation, though it was found by some linux guy

ERRORS

You can expect the following error codes to be returned by videogen:

100    system error (memory allocation problems, or other)

101    command line option error

102    configuration file error

103    bad resolution error, currently returned when no  (valid)  modes

have been specified anywhere

So maybe this is some clue which shows that the external monitor has some kind of resolution mode problem, means it can't display the desired resolution?

I agree with dontknow. It sounds like the external monitor can't handle the resolution, or maybe the refresh rate, you're looking for.

Guest mariachi76

Hello!

I tried your .inf modifying you told me in the above message with several driver versions now and mus say, that they don't change anything. I can't switch to dual/colne mode, just single view, although an external vga monitor is present. If I use single view and analog monitor error 103 appears. But in my opinion that's not the problem, the problem is that no external monitor is recognised. A tv is always recognised, although when not present. (tv-out works fine in general, but i need vga out).

Any more ideas?

cu

mariachi76

Maybe the wrong direction, but as i'm just busy with the VideoBIOS section i remembered our member Mr. Tao also has an Acer 6xx something with a Geforce 2 Go. We should wait for him answering if he has the same problem as you. Or write him a Personal message.

The only thing we can do so far, sorry.

For completeness reason, what is VideoBIOS version?

Or you just can try the INF copy&paste method: Take the .INF file from the working driver and paste the [softwareDeviceSettings] section in any new INF and try again :) i know, sounds time consuming, but this is the only way i can think of right now.

Also you can post the mentioned section from your working INF, so we can have a quick view to it.

i think i posted a wrong link, here is the correct one

http://dehamnf1.acer-euro.com/app/csd/etkd...22?OpenDocument

Video display with on LCD and external VGA

Problem:

I want to display a video file on my notebook (Windows XP/Media Player 8 and 9) with a CRT attached to the VGA port. But neither i can see the video on the external CRT/LCD when the notebook is in cloneview mode (displays the same on bothe screens) nor could the video be shown in full view when the notebook is in extended desktop mode (extends the desktop area to the second display device)

Solution:

To display video on the second monitor when in clone view it´s necessary to disable the hardware acceleration for video in the Windows media player. That can be done in Extras->Options->Performance. The slider for Video Acceleration must be moved all the way to the left to disable acceleration. It´s possible that some video files can´t be played without acceleration. In these case the hardware acceleration must be reactivated and the video can only be shown on the internal LCD.

To display video in full screen on the second monitor when in extended desktop mode it is necessary to set the second monitor in the display properties to primary monitor. The can be done with a right click on the desktop and choosing Properties->Settings. Here the second monitor can be selected and set to primary monitor with a checkmark.

They mention to disable the Hardware acceleration, although they mean it should be done in the MediaPlayer, which is not your problem as workaround solution TRY you could try to disable it in

rightclick desktop| properties | einstellungen | advanced/erweitert | problembehandlung und dann die Hardware accelleartion auf Keine/none stellen

maybe it helps *hope*, but i doubt it

Edited by dontknow

Guest mariachi76

Hello Unknown,

thanks for your answer. Neither deactivating hardware acceleration nor copying the [softwareDeviceSettings] helped (in combination with an 62.12 provided by acer on your page and the recommended modified inf). My external crt isn't detected, I've tried two different crt and it doesn't work.

I already found out that mr tao has nearly the same notebook and already wrote him a pm, but I am still waiting for an answer, I hope he will read it soon.

Do you knw tvtool 9.7? When I there activate "TV immer erkennen - always recognise tv" I can use dualview after a reboot, but I can only activate the internal tft+TV in the detonator-tab. Even when there is no tv present but only the external crt.

The [sowareDeviceSettings] of the original driver is as follows:

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]HKR,, InstalledDisplayDrivers,    %REG_MULTI_SZ%, nv4_disp

HKR,, VgaCompatible,              %REG_DWORD%,    0

HKR,, VPEENABLE,                  %REG_DWORD%,    0

HKR,, Mobile,                      %REG_DWORD%,    3

HKR,, UseHWSelectedDevice,        %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, DualViewMobile,              %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, PushBufferMemorySpace,      %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, DevSwitchSuppressMask,      %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, SoftEDIDS,                  %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, DevicesConnected,            %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, OverlayMode3,                %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, RMMaintainDevs,              %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, "TV Out",                    %REG_DWORD%,    2

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NVIDIA

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NVIDIA,DisplayName,%REG_SZ%,"NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers"

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NVIDIA,UninstallString,%REG_SZ%,"rundll32.exe %11%\nvinstnt.dll,NvUninstallNT4 nvwi.inf"

HKR,, "Attach.ToDesktop",%REG_DWORD%,1

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",%REG_DWORD%,16

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.XResolution",%REG_DWORD%,800

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.YResolution",%REG_DWORD%,600

But as I said, it also doesn't work in any other driver. Maybe the original driver itself is somehow modified by acer?

Well, I hope mr tao can help me, I am desperate after installing 100 drivers

:)

cu

mariachi76

Mensch, this gets complicated.

I never needed to install TVTOOL though i know this tool for years. It's a reaaly usefull application in my eyes.

Another situation: Are you sure that TVTOOL isn't overriding nvidia (or Pieter'S INF) settings. I have this feeling. It came to my mind because you mentioned the "TV immer erkennen - always recognise tv" setting which can also be controlled in the INF itself. If i'm not totally confused then this is the setting Larry wanted you to paste in the INF

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 255

So my last suggestion would be:

get rid of TVTOOL (only for testing!) , use a nvidia driver cleaner , search for TVTOOL in the registry and delete all you can find and then try again :) :)

You are on XP not 2K, right?

Guest mariachi76

Hi!

Yes, I also thought that and already uninstalled tvtool, and before every driver installation i use the nasty file remover to reomve old driver files. I think I have to live with this, mr tao never tested an external crt on his acer 634lc, but I am sure its the same problem.

actually tvtool is the only reason for using a newer driver than the original one provided by acer (where external vga works), because i need the tv-out often and it worked much more stable with tvtool with this newer driver version. So the original driver is good for external vga, the new one+tv-tool (which needs at least detonator 43.xx) for tv-out. I think I need 2 different Windows-Partitions as a workaround with two different settings. Or is it possible to have two different hardware-profiles with two different detonator-versions? I don't think thats possible.

cu

Rainer

Right here is a modified 66.93 INF with the Acer settings added.

Should this not work then there might not be much hope.

Uninstall any older driver then reinstall with new INF (66.93).

If this doen't work try installing working driver then over the top install a newer one.

I hope this helps.

nv4_disp.inf

Pieter, what VideoBIOS has your card?

Pieter, are there problems with your card connecting to VGA monitor?

mariachi, what VideoBIOS has your card?

mariachi, are you on 2K or XP?

Pieter, what VideoBIOS has your card?

Pieter, are there problems with your card connecting to VGA monitor?

3.11.01.43.06 and no.