LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Tweaked 30.36 drivers causing laptop lid problems

Guest nvgf440

Guest nvgf440

Been having a problem when closing and then opening the laptop lid. It takes 5+ seconds for the lcd screen to come back on after I open it again. This only happens with the tweaked driver, not the untweaked on. The tweaked one however is better so I want to use that one. So please the entire below section and chip in if you have any thoughts or solutions. I have tried what was suggested and it did not work so more brainpower is required. Thanks a lot!!

I just joined the forum, I was wondering, about the 30.36 inf you created for the 66.81 nvidia drivers. Well when I use your inf file on my hp laptop (amd 64 processor, with nvidia geforce4 440 go). When I close the lid my monitor turns off like its supoosed to, but when I open it it flickers and takes 5+ seconds to turn back on. It does not do this with the No Tweaks inf, but I prefer the one that you made with the Texture storage on normal RAM etc. So if you know why its only doing this the modded inf I'd really appreciate anything that I can do to or edit to stop that so I can use it. Because I really do prefer yours over the untweaked. Thanks a lot.

Hello there,

Ah the lid problem, the setting I use works for most laptops.

But some work differently.

The problem is this line in the tweaked INF :

HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                  %REG_DWORD%,    3

Remove this then install driver again, or try setting it to 2.

All should be it should be, this should work for all drivers.

Hope this helps.

Sure I have no problem putting this on a forum later, just tell me which one, but first I need to tell you that it didn't work for me. I tried removing the setting you suggested, then tried settings 2, and even tried removing all instances of that setting. Unfortunatly it keeps doing this flicker and 5+ seconds of screen recovery. If there is any other settings or suggestion you have, It would be greatly appreciated. Remember its an HP 15.4" brighview screen if that helps you at all. Thanks a lot!

If it's not MAPOSD§tonv ,maybe playing around with this value helps: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=492

Like the name says, this is what you have a problem with: "BlankDelay"

Also, make sure the LCD backlight is actually shutting off with the untweaked version. The reason it appears to come on instantly may be that it never shuts off in the first place. Normal behavior is to have a slight delay when opening the lid.

The reason it appears to come on instantly may be that it never shuts off in the first place.
True, good point!

nvgf440, i don't want to be harsh, but maybe your laptop is just slow :) . I mean 5 seconds of delay isn't that much, though i understand that with the original INF this doesn't happen.

Hm :) ?, no more suggestions from me.

If you have tried MAPOSD3toNV=2 and played around with the ModeSetBlankDelay values i can't help.

Maybe using "HKR,, MonitorPowerPolicy, %REG_DWORD%, 0" helps, but thats just a vague guess

Don't bash us GeForce 440 Go users, it is a pain in the butt to upgrade to something better you know.

I don't think I have delay so its not that it is too slow.

Back to the topic

It takes 5+ seconds for the lcd screen to come back on after I open it again

nvgf440, give that value a try:

HKR,, PowerSaverHsyncOn, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Try value 1 and 0. Uninstall proper, reinstall and reboot everytime.

Also using "HKR,, MonitorPowerPolicy, %REG_DWORD%, 0" may have success try also value 0 and 1.