LaptopVideo2Go Forums

420go vs. 5600go

Guest Eraser

I have a very important Question:

Why does the Geforce 4 420go have better framerates in new DX9 Games than my FX 5600go?

For example at CS-Source (then also HL2), Medieval Lords, ...

Are the differences between the Features that the 420go is not possible to show, but the FX does? How can I deaktivate them?

At DX8 based Games i have the double frame rate, than the 420go :)

One way to speed up Direct X 9 games would be to turn off the DX 9 effects to speed it up.

Try searching for a program called "3danalyzer", it can not only trick a computer into thinking you have a DX 9 card if you only have a DX 7 or 8 card but can also trick your PC into thinking you only have a DX 8 card if you actually have a DX 9 card.

If I knew of a good link I would post it, but I can't seem to find one at the moment.

• 1 month later...

For one thing, the 420 would run HL2 at the Dx 7 settings and the go5600 would run at Dx 8.1 or 9 (Mine runs at 8.1 even though it's supposed to be a Dx 9 card... oh well) Dx 7 isn't NEARLY as demanding as the 8 or 9, so you may in fact get better frame rates.... but you'd be missing all the prettiness of HL2.