LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce4 440 Go GAMING question!

Guest firehawk12

Guest firehawk12

Hi, someone told me to give a try with my problem here, so here goes:

I have Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, and when I try to play it, it says I need a Directx 8.1 compatible video card, which I guess the Geforce4 440 Go is not.

Someone said that it is possible to get around this with a new driver (from here), and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Thanks!

Edited by dontknow

What are the system requirements for that game?

If it says on the box that you need a GF 3 or GF 4 Ti or GF FX then the only way to get that to run would be to use a program called 3Danalyzer

You should be able to get it here.

http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/files.html

Click on that then click on files then when you see this pig picture a program click the link and it will start the download, it is a .rar file.

It kinda emulates DX 8 and 9.

So the games will run but if they require pixels shaders the games will probably look really bad.

The only way to fix that would be to get a better card in your laptop, which is probably not possible for you, or just play that game on a desktop PC with a DX 8 or 9 card.

Bill

i heard of that program , too. But never had the time to test it thorough or stuff.

So i could play "silent hill 3" on GF 460 go? , because i remember it didn't want to start on my Laptop a while ago because of that DX error.

If you already own the game you can try it, but don't expect the game to be playable or look any good.

It is a big waste of money to buy a game like that when you can't run it on your PC.

I got the Splinter Cell 2 demo to run on my laptop but the graphics were all messed up.

I bet if I messed with the graphics settings I could have gotten it to look good, but never had that much time to test it.

Well that excludes all GF 2s, and the GF 4 MXs and the GF 4 go series

But the GF 4200 go is DX 8.1

All the the GF FX cards and their go versions are DX 9.0 compatible.

The GF 6 series cards are DX 9.0c compatible.

• 1 month later...

I got this problem too...

I have been running MOH AA, SH, and BT on my Toshiba 5205 GF4460go 64mb for some time. I had been using v61.77 with Direct X 9.c with minimal problems. Then when I tried to run PA demo last week, I got the same error message..."You need a video card that supports DirectX8.1.

I upgraded to v6703 but I get the same message.

Having 512MB Ram and a 2GHz chip, I thought the game would at least try to load, but the error message is as far as I get. :)

dsloan

Toshiba 5205 S703, XP-h, GF4460go v 6703, 512 RAM (saving my pennies...)

Attached is a low res .jpg of the error message from Medal of Honor, PA demo. Why won't DirectX 9.0c retrofit back to 8.1? :)

( I am currently running 4460 go v.6703 and still get this message)

You need a video card that supports DirectX8.1.

When you get that messages that means your graphics card does not support the game, you need to get a new graphics card.

Also, I see no attachment....

That graphics card you have is only a DX 7 card, you need a DX 8 or 9 card if you get that message, installing DX 8 or 9 will not help, you need newer hardware.

I'm sorry but many of us laptop users have the same problem, I can not get a DX 9 card in my laptop.... (currently on DX 7 card)

I can not run that game either if I tried it probably.

If you complain to anybody it is the game manufacturer you should complain to, as they should realize that not everyone has or can get DX 8 or 9 cards right now.

Look at games like HL2 or Doom3 or UT2004, they run just fine with good graphics on DX 7 cards, why can't other game companies do the same with other games?

Even if the graphics stink they should make all current games compatible with DX 7 cards.

Bill