LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HL2 optimized driver?

Cleber

Tomorrow is the big day, Buddies.

Half Life 2 is going to be unlocked!

ATI released an optimized driver to gain a 5-20% boost in performance. (Look at the forum at www.hl2fallout.com) Will nvidia do the same? Hopefully. If anyone knows where and when, let us all know, and hopefully Peter's on the way to provide us as fast as always with a fitting .inf

Enjoy a game that will be more art than combat.

Cleber

I´m playing HL2 right now on my Sat 5200-902 - GeforceFX 5600Go - 1GB Ram - 66.81 driver/Pieter´s performance inf.

I can glady tell you that it runs quite well, -I can run it in 1024-768 quite smoothly, with most setting on high, but I will probably switch to 800x600 when more battle arrives, as it is silky smooth in that res.

The textures gets low-res pretty close in the distance -but I believe that is the modified performance inf.

It´s an amazing, beautiful game! And it runs well! Slightly better than Far Cry and Doom3 i reckon. Looking forward to see if we can get speed increase from newer drivers.

-esbn

Installing the game right now. Hope it will run well on my Toshi 5200-903 also smoothly. But it takes me a lot of time to install. Now I´m at the steamaccount for about 30 min. and there is olny 90 Percent finished. :)

UPDATE:

It´s running now with 20-30 fps at 1024x768 most Grafikfeatures at high but Shodow at low.

But, it takes me about 3h to get to Play!!!!!! I`ve only a 56k modem. But 2 1/2 hours online is very stupi. Isn`t it? :)

But now it runs. I use the 61.77 Driver.