LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Please help, problem with new Drivers 56.72

Guest Sparky

Guest Sparky

Hey can anyone help me please =)

I have used the 53.03 starstorm drivers and they r great =)

However when I try to use the 56.72 ot any other drivers inbween 56.72 and 53.03 I get a black flash on screen whilst playing games for a brief second whilst playing any game.

Once the black screen appears the fps seems to drop about 50% and the the black screen appears again, and the FPS returns to normal. This seems to happen when my Dell I8600's Fan seems to kick in to high speed.

My I8600 is not overheating because I clean out the fan assembly every month and I use a notebook cooler, also the GPU never exceeds 91C also. BTW im using a Geforce FX 5650. I also never overclock my Harware also.

Please note the 53.03 drivers do not do this at all nor does any driver release before 53.03 do it either.

I would really appriciate any thoughs any of you have on the matter because I would really like to upgrade me drivers.

Thanks in advance

DELL INSPIRION 8600

GEFORCE 5650FX 128MB (53.03 DRIVERS)

2GB 333MHZ DDR RAM

60GB HDD 7200RPM

Guest phatkill

I just noticed this too. I get it a lot in Far Cry. I'm also playing UT2004, the next time I do I'll check if it does it there; maybe coz things go faster I'm just missing it. I'll try to use the 53.03 drivers like you mentioned and see if it fixes it in Far Cry at least.

Dell Inspiron 8600

Pentium M 1.7

512 RAM

Geforce FX 5650 Go

60 Gb HD (7200 rpm)

I just installed 56.72 drivers.

I am having similar problems however games work fine after the black screen flicker moment.

Every time I start up into WinXP it does the flicker when the nVidia icon loads.

When I go to the nVidia display properties it does the black screen/flicker.

The main problem, however, is when I shut my lid for hibernation and then open lid and restore, before the Windows desktop appears, the screen goes black and stays that way. I have to kill the power to get out of this. When I go to hibernation an alternate way from shutting the lid, I dont have this problem.

Anyone have a solution? Please email me.

One more thing. I now have two refresh rate modes to choose from: 60 or 61 Hz

They both work but I was curious as to which I should use. I was under the impression LCDs can only do 60.

GeForce 440 Go 64mb

P4 - 1.6

512 DDR

Guest phatkill

ok, after some heavy driver research it seems 56.63 works great with games, but the brief screen flicker to black happens upon windows startup. i think its a good trade off

To turn flickering off look here.

Pieter