LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce4 440 Go 64M Driver + DirectX

Guest buZz

Hello,

im using a notebook with a GeForce4 440 Go 64M graphic card.

i tried some official and later some of you edited drivers/inf files, but playing new 3d games I feel my configuration doesn't work good.

Especially a new game flow back to desktop today always, could not play it.

Would be nice if i could get a good working suggestion for a driver/inf file + what directx version i should use with it.

best regards,

buZz

Your graphics card probably does not support that game since it is only a DX 7.1 card...

Look into this thread and download the 3D analyzer program I linked to.

That can trick the game into thinking you have a different card and let you play it, but it might have a lot of graphics bugs.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6373

Bill

Well i tried but i just don't know why the game does not work, you know? It just throws me on desktop when entering the ingame after 5-10 sec.

NBA Live 2005 is the game.

Can u suggest me a driver/directx combination for my card?

Try driver version 67.02, which is turning out to be an excellent gaming and video driver. If it still crashes, go into the display properties Troubleshooting page and turn down "Hardware Acceleration" a notch.

You also may have to adjust some of the game's display options to get it to work without crashing.

It will work with either version, but most new games require DX9, so I'd go with that.