LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Powermizer and OCing

ThE NiTz

heres the prob the oced memory speed stays the same when its in 2d mode on bat and what happens is i have the fans on auto so they start at the default rates unlike when i have fangui blasting them, and so the mem gets really hot but the core stays cool and doesnt report any higher then 50c, so what im basically asking is there a way to have 2 differant speeds, bat mode and powered mode while maintaing 2 diffeant clock speeds ie(120/250 on bat) (350/640 powered) :)

o and the problem that occurs because of all the heat on the mem is that the screen just starts flashing like the screens gone idle but it just flashes every 2 seconds non stop until i lower the mem speed and kick the fans on high and reboot its happened 3 times so far :)

the niTz

Someone (like the author of i8KFanGUI) could write a program to do that, but there's no way within Windows to do it.

but it doesnt relate to the fans it relates to the driver ocing even though its supposed to be in battary mode, it lowers core but not mem

My bad! I though you were asking about fan speeds. Hopefully someone else can jump in here regarding core and memory speeds. Good luck!

:)

its k i suck at wording guess thats why im still in school lol

but yeah its weird cause mem gets really hot when it should be dropping it down im guessing its a bug, but really dangerous to oc'ers who use bat mode with fans off in school

maybe Teraphy knows a way to have the Powermizer ControlPanel assigned a specific value with help of rundll32?

rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,launchpowermizerapplet (-add some switch??)

No need to use rundll32. You can do it right in the inf with the following switches:

"PowerMizerLevel" sets the battery level.

"PowerMizerLevelAC" sets the AC level.

01,00,00,00 == max performance

02,00,00,00 == balanced performance

03,00,00,00 == max battery

So...

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_BINARY%, 03,00,00,00

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

...sets the battery level at max power savings when on battery power, and mas performance when on AC power.

These lines go in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section. If your inf has more than one of these sections, make sure you use the right one, or put them in EVERY one if you aren't sure.

However, I don't know if that will solve his problem. Lowering GPU performance will definitely be cooler, but also will definitely be slower. And if his problem is with RAM overheating because of MCLK speed, this won't help at all.

There is no "-add some switch" :)

I have no clue how the overclocking is stored. I don't dwell in that area much.

i'll look around and mess with the inf some more. the thing that bugs me is why would it oc mem if its in reduced bat mode,