LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nView | How to save settings for opening windows

whitecap

........and then I had one more question. [How do I start a new thread, or can I?] When I open My main app I am using an addtional monitor and it almost always opens with the main pallettes [2d and 3d windows] in the wrong place. See attachments please. Is there a way to "set" things via the Nvidia dialog to "lock" them for each opening?

post-11-11014995670_thumb.jpg

According to nvidia's website nview 3.5 appear has quite some functionality.

NVIEW feature list

NVIEW 3.5 KEY FEATURES*

* The new and improved nView multi-display wizard is the industry?s easiest and most effective way to get you up and running with multiple monitors.

* More robust profiles let you save and restore all display driver settings.

* On-screen display setup lets you easily switch display configurations with the click of a button.

* Display gridlines allow you to divide up the monitor into separate regions and quickly reposition and resize application windows.

* The nView toolbar docks to the top or bottom of the desktop and provides quick access to all nView functionality.

* Pop-up blocker for Microsoft Internet Explorer® gives you more control over your Web viewing by blocking unwanted windows.

* Mouse kinematics allow you to quickly view hidden windows, clean up the desktop, or switch between multiple desktops.

* Desktop management control lets you switch desktops individually on each display.

* QuickZoom assists with eye strain and enables ergonomic computing by allowing the user to zoom any part of their desktop by pressing a single hotkey.

I have a dell inspiron 5150 and was wondering if the items highlighted in bold were something that's possible with the GF FX5200 Go GPU.

//Satra, i merged that because it seems to be the answer for WhiteCap's question,

i have to add that the link you provided tells us, that these features are available since driver version 66.93

Edited by ®®®