LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with GF4 440 go on dell inspiron 8200

Guest AL1EN

Hi guys, my laptop is inspiron 8200, video card is GF4 440 go, video card BIOS is 4.17.00.55.C2 and system BIOS is A11. I met the problem with no max resolution in 1024*768. Which latest video card driver shall i use?? Thanks all :) :)

What is your problem?

Which screen do you have?

And what screen resolution do you want to run?

Try the 67.50 driver, can you set that resolution?

Also, are you talking about display adapter scaling?

You can adjust that by right clicking on the digital display in the nview menu and going to device adjustment, you can also set a hotkey to toggle display adapter scaling in the nview desktop manager hotkey menu.

Hope that answers your question....

Bill

Thank you for replying me so fast!!

My problem is that i will only have the max resolution when i use the 1600*1200, (my screen is Ultra Sharp UXGA), otherwise, i will have the smaller displaying area on the screen with smaller resolution(1024*768).

I want to use all kinds of resolutions with full screen. I have tried a couple of different versions of drivers, but files' version still is 6.13.10.2835(eg: nvcpl.dll version is 6.13.10.2835). How to install the driver properly? Do i need to install from the old driver to latest driver step by step??

I wish to use the latest version of driver with full screen ability. :) :)

One more question Bill. You also have inspiron 8200. Is your motherboard Intel 845MP? If it is, does it support usb2.0 ?? I find my inspiron 8200 works in very low speed with a mobile usb2.0 hard driver (120GB). Thank you Bill!! :) :)

I'm not to sure exactly what mobo mine has, but mine does not support USB 2.0 and yours likely does not either, I got a USB 2.0 card from Belkin to fix that problem, :) and USB 2.0/firewire Hard drives work fine for me, the 160 GB HD in my sig is external, but don't expect an external drive to reach it's full speed over USB 2.0 or 1394a.

Why don't you try uninstalling the drivers you have first through the add/remove programs thingy, then install a newer driver with Pieter's mod INF.

If you are too lazy to find the driver and INF, just try the 67.50 and its corresponding INF in my sig.

The instructions are here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/instructions.htm

If you have any other questions just ask, I have the Ultrasharp UXGA if you couldn't tell and I can select pretty much any resolution I want with these 66 and 67 drivers and Pieter's mod INF.

Bill

Thank you very much Bill!! I solved the resolution problem!!!! :(

For the USB2.0 problem, what exactly is that device (Belkin usb2.0 card?)? How does it work? I can't bear the slow copying speed and i am gonna buy one if it works well on my laptop.

Cheers! :) :) :P

Hi, i also got the 845MP, but mine has USB2.0 . I paid extreme attention when i bought the Laptop, that it has USB2.0. I remember Toshiba and others were playing tricks with the USB information all the time on their websites (misinformation and wrong specifications). Personally i use firewire and it works great with external HDs (it'S like you move data with a network cable, no lag, no nothing, extreme comfort!).

Somehow Toshiba managed to integrate USB2.0 in the 845MP (82801CAM I/O) Southbridge, because natively the ICH3-M does only support USB1.1. This is from the Chipset specs:

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

The USB controller provides support for the Universal Host Controller Interface (UHCI). This

includes support that allows legacy software to use a USB-based keyboard and mouse. The ICH3 is

USB Revision 1.1 compliant. The ICH3 contains three UHCI USB Host Controllers. Each Host

Controller includes a root hub with two separate USB ports each, for a total of six USB ports. See

Section 5.16, ?USB 1.1 Controllers (D29:F0, F1 and F2)? on page 5-172 for details.

This is the USB 2.0 card that I got....

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=123940

Mine looks a little bit different because it is older, but it is basically the same thing, except I got mine for $25 dollars refurbished....

As far as how easy it is to install, I just plugged the card in and turned my laptop on, and since I already have/had SP1 for XP, it automatically installed the drivers.

For USB 2 cards like that, you will only need to plug the AC adapter up if you use devices that use a lot of power (over 350 mA for mine)

The only devices I have that use more than that are my gamepad that has 2 motors in it for vibration feedback, and my USB 2.0 capture device.

For external drives your laptop should also have firewire, which should be faster.

As far as finding a cheaper USB 2 card for your laptop, you can look at www.Newegg.com

Bill