LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How to install display driver?

Guest jacks77

Guest jacks77

What I would like to know, is what driver I need and HOW to install it as:

I thought I would try upgrading my Display drivers since the old one was version 5.01 7-01-200

I downloaded the new Nivida GeoForce Version: 66.93 driver and tried installing them from the supplied download. Rebooted... no change, the old drivers still there, version 5.01 7-01-200.

I then tried deleting the driver from the Device manager, and when I reboot, the old driver is still there! So I read from the NIVIDIA site that you FIRST have to remove the driver by going into Control Panel/add-remove/ and deleting it from there.

Well, it is NOT there in my notebook Add/Remove? It is there on my desktop though.

So, what do I do and how do I install the Version: 66.93 driver? (the modified one you have here)

Thanks in Advance

Try using the "Have Disk..." method, which can be found here,

Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

Guest jacks77
Try using the "Have Disk..." method, which can be found here,

Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

So I don't have to remove the driver from the control panel first like most instructions say.

This forum has given me some good responses. I've been at the Dell forum and got no help at all!

Thanks!

Ideally you should uninstall old driver first.

Then reboot and then point the 'New device found' to the place where your new driver is with modded INF.

For another set of instructions with uninstall included as well have a look here

Hope this helps, and enjoy these forums, we were in the same boat as you not all that long ago and did something about it.