LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver + Nvidia Geforce FX Go5350

Guest tim

Hello,

i've got some probs with my go5350 in a MD 41300 (Medion Laptop) with WINXP Pro. There is no up to date driver out for this card.

Nvidia doesn't support Go cards, as you know and so i tried to install a modded driver from here.

I tried the 6750 and 6681whql and both didn't recognise my card properly..Now I have installed the drivers for Geforce Fx 5200 ultra and they seem to work with some little exceptions such as the black screen when i try to set my laptop in sleeping mode.

Does anyone know which driver i could take for this card?

thank,

tim

Thats odd, as your GPU has support in the modded INF.

You are downloading the driver then downloading the modded INF ?

Replace the original INF with the modded one (very important).

Now uninstall old driver, then reboot, when asking for new Hardware driver point it to the place where you unpacked the driver and replaced INF with modded one.

This should now install the driver.

If you have a OEM version of XP, then just run setup.exe (not the ideal way)

Hope this helps.

Tim, could you attach the original INF and give us a link from where you download the Original driver?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply but i temporarily don't have a connection to the net at home.

I have downloaded the 66.81 driver from this page link:

http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/...es/6681whql.exe

I thought that this one already includes the modded INF?!

The INF i used is attached.

I don't know much about the drivers of grafic card so sorry about that.

thanks

nv4disp2.inf

Hi Tim, the INF you attached is the original 66.81 INF from nvidia. What i wanted to have a look at was the Original INF from the driver which came with your Medion Laptop. If you can find it , pls attach it.

We leave the original drivers as original as possible and offer the modified INFs as extra download. They can't be included in the drivers, as they get updated sometimes and this would result in a permanent upload of new drivers packages.

Anywazs here's the INF you need to run 66.81 on your Laptop http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/65series/6681inf/nv4_disp.inf Download this, delete the Original INF(S), and place the INF in the driver directory.

Thanks for your help!!!

The original driver of this card is over one year old but i can attach the inf this evening.

I will also try to install the driver with your inf. Then i can tell you wheter it works or not.

• 1 month later...

I have the same notebook and all drivers work fine for me if you use the modded inf on Pieter's site.

But the TV-Out won't work properly if you use other drivers than the origina

in this link you can see how it is solved but it isn't working properly

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6548

If you add those five lines you will have problems with your screen, my screen didn't work anymore and it was impossible to fix it! I brought it to the MEDION support centre and they had to replace the motherboard!

But if I have time enough I will create my own inf for all MD 41300 laptops. If it's working good I will post it on this forum!

(It will take some time to modify it because first I wan't to learn what everything in that inf is etc.) And tomorow school begins again for me so I will have less time to make it!

greetz

Jeroen