LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce4 440 Go / Back to Windows

smocky

I'm new in here, so :

Hello everyone :P

I have a Toshiba Serie 5100 ( Canadian version / 1.7Ghz / 512 Mo / GeForce4 440 Go ). I always used the basic driver supplied by Toshiba ( 28.something... ), having in mind that i should find another driver, a more recent one. But unfortunatly, i was too lazy to do so. Well, i have to say that my lazyness wasn't that bad. Why ? Now that i installed your modified driver, i can't play any games anymore.

I frist tried with the 70.41 and your modded 30.38 INF. Everything worked great until i decided to play Collin Mac Rae 4. Game doesn't work : back to windows. But the game is still running, in the task bar. I tried WarHammer 40 000 : Dawn of the Dead, same thing.

I kinda understood that the 70.41 was a beta version so i decided to install the 67.50 ( which i still have ) with your modded 30.39 INF of course. Same thing with both games.

Any idea what's wrong ? :)

I tried to find someone with the same problem on the Forum, but i didn't that's why I post. Sorry if someone already already made a Topic about this problem... :)

Thanks in advance for your help

P.S : by the way, i'm french so excuse my english...

Ok, i'm sorry. Somebody seems to have the same problem : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5903

I'l try elder drivers...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit : i just tried the 6.7.5.0 and it works fine. Collin Mac Rae is incredebly faster than before. I still have a problem with Dawn of the Dead, but i don't think it's related to the graphic drivers. Actually, this game takes 100% of my cpu :) .

Sorry about that, but when the title of the topic is just "Strange Problem", i couldn't know it was dealing with my specific problem. Anyway, you guys did a great job with these modded drivers !