LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Half Life 2 and Dell I8200 ..

Guest CBiLL

Well I purchase Half Life 2 and it run fine using the Microsoft Geforce 440 driver (from thier update site) but I get none of the niffy graphics like water waves etc so I went and download the latest driver from Nvidia and click it and it supposely to have install it but the notebook is not using it .. still staying with Microsoft update driver ..

So I am doing searching on the internet to see why it refuses to use the latest driver from Nvidia on that card and I already ordered a Dell Geforce 440 Go 64 MB card which is coming today ..

Now I am at loss on which driver to get or how to install the latest driver so I can take advantage of the niffy graphic in Half Life 2 and I already been to Dell site .. thier latest driver was release in 2003 which is real old ..

I purchased the new 64 MB card so I could be able to load Doom3 on my I8200 (hopefully since it complaining I need at least a 64MB card to play it on my laptop and refuse to load) so I have something to play on my laptop when I am traveling since Half Life 2 will not work offline in single player .. I tried everything to get it to play but it refuses to start without internet connection ..

Can anyone help me or point out where to read to get the ###### laptop to take the new driver from Nvidia or it just because it's a Dell Gefore 440 Go that I am stuck with the driver dell and microsoft provide for it?

Thanks

Bill

use 67.02 or 67.03 with the modified INF from Pieter, Larry or Bill.

for mobile drivers u need to use either the drivers from dell or modded drivers like the drivers on this page http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ what u have to do is extract the drivers and overwrite the old inf that comes by default in those and then point it to that directory and it will warn u about the drivers not being certified but they work just make sure u get the drivers that work best with ur card

happy shooting :)

Thanks and I found the how to use at

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

I knew I had to use the modded drivers but I wasn't sure how I installed them .. I managed to install one modded driver and seem working but once awhile I get black screen and back like a instant flash ..

I am going to try the other modded infs and compare them ..

Thank you again :)

Bill

My Geforce 440 Go 64MB card came in and I installed in my laptop then tried the driver mentioned above ..

Half Life 2 seem to run fine but no difference in graphic wise ..

Doom3 .. I installed it and started it up and never got to the game but in the menu it was real real choppy and the mouse pointer moves like if it was at .0000001 fps speed .. The ID logo opening was horrible ..

So I went back to Dell's Geforce 440 Go Driver and Doom3 load very fast and the ID logo loads normally and mouse seem to move normally but I am getting a double vision screen using that driver ..

So any suggestion getting Doom3 to load on my Dell Geforce 440 Go 64MB will be greatly appericated .. be sure to mention which inf file to try .. I pretty much tried them all and they all load Doom3 horrible ..

Only the default Dell 440 driver load Doom3 at normal speed but give a bad double vision .. I can see like 2 "Exit" icons or 2 Text of the same texts .. etc etc

Bill

Hello Bill!

Try either the 67.50 driver with the inf listed in my sig, or try the 66.93 with the INF I have attached in this thread.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6322

If you want to stop the screen flashes, look into the inf for a line that has coolbits under the tweaks and change the ffffffff to 0. (the INF I posted in the thread already has this done)

That will keep it from flashing when your laptop boots up.

Bill (the original one on this forum lol)

Should I leave my Geforce 440 Go 64MB bios alone or I need to upgrade it?

Right now it working in Doom3 following your suggestion .. and seem to be playable just fine ..

Bill

I have the lastest BIOS from Dell which is right here..

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...d=2572&devlib=6

Make sure this is the right card you have first, and that you have fresh batteries and stuff...

You should not fry your card if you flash it right.

Although it probably won't make any difference in the graphics of the game

This is what it changes:

This release fixes the following issue:

- VBIOS flash update error: mismatch in 256 byte page mode programming generated when upgrading the Video BIOS on some GeForce4 440 Go cards.

Even if it doesn't do much, you should upgrade it.

Bill