LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Doom3 and Geforce 440 Go

Guest CBiLL

Anyway I thought Ill start a new thread on this matter I have with Doom3 and video card ..

I got a Dell Inspiron 8200 1.8GHZ 512ram Geforce4 440 Go 64MB with Ultra Sharp monitor laptop .. it load and run Half Life 2 just fine at 1600 x 1200 .. even with Dell default driver ..I don't see any difference between the Dell old 2003 default driver and the newest Nvidia driver with the modded inf in Half Life 2 running any any res up to 1600x1200

However .. Doom3 ..

Doom3 would load using Dell default driver but once it bring up a menu .. it give a double vision .. everything is shown double and I got an error box appearing during the game loading that the display should be set at 1600 x 1200 which it already are since it a Ultra sharp 15.1 display ..

Now next I installed several of the laptopvideo2go driver along with some of the modded infs (I tried several different version of drivers from 67.02 and above and tried several infs .. all same result) .. Doom3 will load and no double vision in the menu but the fps is like .00000001 fps .. the mouse look so frozen however it actually moving just so ###### slow it not noticable right way and I have to alt-tab to kill the Doom3 everytime and I can see it spiked the CPU to 100% The opening logo part where it shows all the pipes then "ID" logo appearing it would just flashes from one part to next part or be really choppy .. (it does not do that with the dell default driver but it give a double vision instead however it animated the opening logo smoothly with double vision) ..

I have tried almost everything I can think of to get Doom3 to run and I just got this Geforce4 440 64MB today from Dell so I could just play Doom3 on my laptop while traveling on the road since Doom3 said it refuse to run on a 32 MB card but Half Life 2 run just fine on it even at 1600 x 1200 ..

Any suggestion will be greatly appericate .. just be sure to mention which inf file to try instead of saying " try every inf file" because I pretty much had tried a bunch of them so far and it no fun uninstalling and reinstalling drivers on a laptop ..

Thanks ..

Bill

I saw a reply in my Half Life 2 post from Bill .. I wanted to start a new thread just for Doom3 so anyway here the result after reading Bill's reply in the other post ..

Now I am running with 6693 with Piter's moblie inf and Bill's Dell OEM inf in his thread he mentioned in his post ..

Doom3 seem to finally load normally and look playable now ..

Thanks for your help Bill .. :)

Bill

(I do feel funny writing a post to Bill when I am named Bill too :) )

First of all, I also feel funny writing to somebody with the same name as me, second, which INF did you use?

Mine or Pieter's?

You can only use one at a time you know...

If you use my INF and you really do have the same card as me (it should be a 0174 like I have, not the 0179 that you listed...) you will see this in your display properties....

(Notice the GeForce4 440 Go 64 MB [Dell 8200] text, you will only see that from an INF from me...)

Bill

Edit: last edit, I promise!

I also thing it is funny that I can edit your posts too..... :) :)

I have been a mod of this seciton for a while, but have yet to actually edit or delete a post or topic, I have not moved one either....

Also, its pretty rare that we both have the same name and almost identical laptops.

The next question is, do we live anywear near each other.

Do you live in the southeast too?

(Just be sure that you do not give out your address and stuff on here....)

post-12-11027185650_thumb.jpg

just thought i'd note i experience the same slowdown on my compaq w/ the same card

using the old 66.81 driver w/ 30.36 inf it works fine

but w/ my 66.93/67.02/67.03 drivers ant the 30.43P inf it's super slow...i can't even move the mouse around to check the options...it runs at like 1 frame every 2 seconds

• 4 months later...

I have the Geforce 4 440 Go 64Meg GPU in my Compaq Presario R3340US laptop and Doom3 runs O.K. FPS while.. Have not had any compatability problems... Maybe you should try my version of driver. I have driver version 44.16 it is directly from the manufacture and was shipped with my laptop.

Nice to know all of you guys have it running, I have had the game for a while and will finally get a chance to run it this summer on my laptop.

I will report what driver(s) it runs good with.