LaptopVideo2Go Forums

71.24 is out!

Almighty1

As Bill hinted last week from reading Nvidia's own forums...

Nvidia 71.24 beta drivers are now available!

Files are dated December 15, 2004 except for nv4_disp.cat dated December 22, 2004.

WHQL Certified beta for GeForce 6 Series

Operating System: 2000/XP

International Language Support

Supported cards:

NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0040.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra"

NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0041.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800"

NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0042.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE"

NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0045.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT"

NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_004E.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 4000"

NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C1.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 "

NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CE.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400"

NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0140.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT"

NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0141.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600"

NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0145.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6610 XL"

NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_014E.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 540"

NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_014F.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6200"

NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0161.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache"

NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F1.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT "

NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F2.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600"

NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F8.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400/4400"

NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F9.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU"

Modified INF required for support of other cards

Reports are that Image Quality is extremely good. No problems in any

games yet such as FarCry, Morrowind, HL2, Falcon 4, CSS. Some also

reported that they gained 300 points in 3dmark 05 with these over the 67.03 drivers.

Like 71.20, people are reporting seeing yellow water in HL2

Images courtesy of OSNN

hl2water_6703.jpg

hl2water_7124.jpg

Looks like Pieter will have another present for us before 2004 is over! :)

Teraphy,

Is there anyway that I can attach the file to the forum post so that it'll make it easier for Pieter to download it in case the download links no longer work or it's just too busy?

You mean the whole driver?

Teraphy would have to set up the boards for that, if it is possible he could let mods upload files say up to 15 MB or something, then you could delete it from the boards after Pieter gets his hands on it.

On the Nvidia forums each user can upload up to 10 MB of stuff to the forums (or something like that), so you can attach like a 8 MB file to one post, and then a 2 MB file to another, but if you wanted to upload another file you would have to delete one of the other 2. (you get the idea)

While that would be good for uploading big things, I would not reccommend it here.

Maybe in addition to the 100 KB uploads you can have that just for mods.

Anyway, I will let you guys know if I ever hear anymore news about driver leaks.

While reading the thread about the 71.22 driver, I read there were some extra files in there and some currupt stuff, does this driver have any wierd stuff like that?

Bill

Yeah, I noticed the attachment size limit is smaller and I thought there would be a option for mods to not have to go with the limit as long as there is disk space. I guess maybe what we can do is whenever a new driver is out, the poster whether it's a mod or a regular user can attach it to the forums and then Pieter can download it and delete the attachment after he's done. The 71.22 comes from MSI and is MSI branded as MSI users can download it from MSI directly. 71.24, not sure where it came from other than hearing about it from you originally a week or so ago and then seeing it available today... No one seems to have any problems with 71.24 yet.

I'm confused too. Upload the full driver to the forums for Pieter? But I'm going to say I can't help with that as Waffell has the PHP upload limit set to 3M. Out of my control for that one.

What I mean is that whoever finds the driver can post it in this forum and then Pieter can download it and then just delete the attachment from the post. Didn't know that the size limit was set by Waffell...

I did not know size limit was set by them either.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday, it allowed attachments of 3MB. But just now, it's 500KB.

Yeah, good to know though Teraphy... Guess PHP is the one that wears the pants in this one.

INFs are up.

Yeah this was easy for me, no Dling or uploading, I could get used to this. :)

You guys are spoiled I had to put aside Lord of the Rings Return of the King Extended DVD which arrived today.

So I can mod INFs.

I'm back to the movie, will sort out other things later.

Enjoy.

Good going Pieter and thanks for bringing us all a lot of gifts for the entire year of 2004.... May 2005 be blessed with lots of newer stuff... Enjoy your LOTR ROTK. :)

It's better to give than to receive.

Yeaaaaaaah 71.24

& here we go again :(

Too much to type :) :) , but after PIETER'S modded INF was out , no big deal :( :thumbsup: :P

But i still customize that a bit .

& i add in something like NVIDIA_NV36.DEV_0348.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700 " & add & change few other things :P

I though it might be usable by my GPU , who knows , i find it in my original drivers :)

Anyway , it works :thumbsup: :P

I gonna run some benchmarks after i wake up . :thumbsup:

ZZ my INFs support your GPU

NVIDIA_NV36.DEV_0348.1 = "GeForce FX Go5700 "

No need to add your line, but if you do, you will also need to add another line at the start of the INF for it to take affect.

Enjoy.

Thanx Pieter

I add somewhere something too :P , got no idea what :( , but if it works & don't harm my GPU :) :P

Well see , what's gonna happend :)

:(

What's the fuss about attachment drivers (instead of immediately uploading it to download.laptopvideo2go.com)? If you're the first who found the driver, process it with NVAIO.

It's that easy. Just attach the .NFO file. All information is in there.

Pieter just needs to download the Original INF from the link in the .NFO file and upload the modded INF. Everything else is done with NVAIO. That's why we have that and that's especially why i rewrote it so any first time user can use it.

And a very good tool it is as well :)

Teraphy, i just saw that the .NFO is not uploaded @ download.laptopvideo2go.com. Where there problems with the upload (firewall blocks ftp maybe)?

Just discovered i made an error in NVAIO, kind of a typo (LOG instaed NFO), but btw i have to rethink that whole NFO and Pieter's modded INF upload section.....

added the 71.24 to the drivers section

Don't worry too much about the INF side for now.

I make the INF while NVIAO is doing it's stuff, so it normally finishes first anyway.

Get the program working as it should then we can sort the INF.

Not much time at the moment, working on a special project. :)

That NFO/LOG switch was in my bug comments :) Must have missed that one?

actually the LOG/NFO typo is in line 696 :)