LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How do I enable AGP fast write on my go5600?

Zakey

The lines to enable AGP Fastwrites and AGP Sideband Addressing are:

HKR,, EnableAGPFW, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableAGPSBA, %REG_DWORD%, 1

They go in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of your inf, but they won't work unless your machine supports them.

but they won't work unless your machine supports them
Right. And to expalin a bit more:

If it's disabled in VideoBIOS then the FastWrite option will not appear anywhere. Even with the INF settings added. The only way to really enable it , would be modding the VideoBIOS and change a register there.

Don't bother with FW or SBA , a marginal performanece plus and an instability gain.

hey,

i had the same problem with my fx5600. FW and SBA where supported by the card according to many benchmarks but where disabled and the enabling option was missing from the driver tabs. i solved the problem :) by installing NVStrap with AGP Fast Writes using the latest RivaTuner. i hope it ll work for u.

good luck

Hi again,

I just installed Rivatuner and set the AGPFW and AGPSBA to 1 to enable. I still have the same problem though, when I reboot it's still not enabled.

Thanks for your help,

z

thats strange.

RivaTuner has two different tweaking levels: Low Level tab and Driver Level tab. if u go to the Low level tab there will be an option to install or reinstall NVStrap which will enable the FW and SBA options. once the options are enabled, set them to 'force on'. Then u should go to Low Level AGP tab and set FW and SBA on. remember to put a check in Apply at Startup just below the FW and SBA options.

i only enabled FW because once both FW and SBA are enabled together, both settings disappear after rebooting. maybe this will work.

Guest maciek

im using version 2.0 RC 15.3 New Year Edition.

it works with 66.93, 67.02, 70.41, 70.90 and 71.20 drivers. if u have an older version of Riva then u might not be able to install NVStrap Antiprotection in the newer forceware drivers such as 67.02. right now im using Pieter's 67.03 performance drivers and Riva managed to enable FW support. anyway, there wasnt any noticable performance boost with FW on.

oh, and happy new years everybody :)