LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PROJECT I8200 UPDATE W/ QUADRO4 700GO GL

whiteashcm1

:) :) Well everybody my last thread was a problem with my quadro4 700go installed in my project i8200 i built from ebay parts...... as it turns out the card was dead!!! kamika007z,, you were right, it was smoked.. i guess thats what i get for buying the card on ebay. the second card i ordered from dell spare parts, i called the small buiseness section and they sent me a quadro4 700 for 319.00 and free next day shipping!!! i was :P , they gave me no problem and being it was the end of the year, dec 30th to be exact they gave me a deal... this card works great with no glitches or problems of any kind.. i have to say this card is a big performance boost over the ati 9000.. i have at least one of all the cards you can put into a 8200 and this card by far rocks!!! the highest benchmark score with i could get with the ati9000 64mg was 6725 using 3dmark2001. i am running the 44.03 driver w/ modded inf with the quadro and my my benchmark score was 8835 using 3dmark2001, no overclocking.. this card plays games very smoothly... i tried the 42.57 and the 44.68 version but my benchmark scores were lower than the 44.03.. does anybody with a quadro use a different driver with a higher score.. i love this quadro card with the 44.03 and my 8200 now runs like my i8600 did... i sold that notebook by the way but the i8200 is now a kick in the pants with a nv 28 gpu.. just wanted to let you guys know what was going on and does anybody have a better selection of driver to use??? oh, also why isnt the quality or performance slide bar in the performance and quality tab enabled in the quadro??? any way to enable it???

The only other driver I know that might have faster benchmarks for you is the 40.xx driver (can't even remember the version number) it was a very beta driver but was supposed to be faster.

As for the other questions you will have to ask another quadro user that is still on those ancient drivers.

As for me, even though the 40s series gave me better benchmark scores, these new drivers fix my bugs and still play games good plus that have a lot more options than the 40s.

Enjoy your new card, your making us other I8200 users jealous, although I think I still beat you in the Hard Drive department lol.

Bill

yes you do have one big hardrive bill.. you can store info for years on that baby..

i think i will try the newer drivers for more options. i like the 61.77 but how does that new driver from nvidia work for you??? i think its the 66.93..

bill, i have one question, i have a dell 17" flat panel monitor i just connected to the i8200 and i can get the background or wallpaper to display on the monitor but none of my desktop icons are on the monitor.. is there a setting in the driver to get my desktop onto the monitor??

I just installed my Quadro4 700 GoGl and I am trying to get it to run in directX 9 mode.

I dont think it can though. Does anyone know for sure? Im also looking for the fastest drivers for it for Half Life 2. Thanks.

the quadro4 700go is a directx 8 card not directx 9 so it does not sup[port directx 9 at all. i use the 44.03 driver with modded inf and i think it is the fastest driver so far for this card.. that driver should play halflife2 just fine..

BrtBendele,

that card you have is only DX 8.1 compliant as whiteashcm1 already mentioned, but you can still run just about any game you want on it unless it absalutely reqiures a DX9 card, of which there are not any games out yet that do.

You should be able to run Half Life 2 just fine on your setup, it runs just fine on mine and I'm using a DX 7.1 card.

As for which driver to use, the 67.02 or 71.24 are good choices:

Please check or post in this thread about which driver runs fastest in Half Life 2, I already have enough questions to answer in this thread lol. :)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6535

For those wondering about my Hard Disk drives. that 160 GB HDD is external, the biggest capacity 2.5 inch HDD you can get right now is 100 GB, although the other 2 I have listed are internal to my laptop. (You can put 2 HDD in an I8200 at once :) )

That 40 GB HDD has not come in yet, but should be in by tomorrow or Friday.

It will replace my 40 GB HDD that failed about a year ago in my laptop.

I can not store that much info for years because when I do video stuff (which isn't often) it can take up a lot of space, espicially if I capture in an uncompressed video format or using a lossless codec, I could use up that whole 40 GB HDD in a few minutes if I captured onto it in uncompressed AVI. (which is good for editing)

For the record I do not even do much capuring in AVI or lossless codecs, I usually capture in some type of MPEG, then convert to a video CD, Divx, or maybe DVD in the future. (I can make DVD movies, just I do not have a DVD burner yet)

To the guest,

The 66.93 drivers ran fine for me, but I like some other drivers better (like what I'm on right now) because they are faster and have less bugs and more features.

To whiteashcm1,

Do you have that flat panel set as your primary display?

What type of dual monitor setting are you using?

Dual view, clone mode, span? (H or V)

With Pieter's INF you might have to edit your INF or registry to allow you to set the external monitor as your primary display, it is not hard to do, but I do not know right off of the bat what to change.

There was a recent thread about it though on this forum.

Edit: This was the thread: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6614

If you are scared to put that stuff in your INF, I could whip a custom INF up for you, I have made small modifications to INFs lots of times.

Hope this info helps yall and answers your questions.

Bill

thanks for all the info guys,,, man you guys are a wealth of knowledge!!

hello bill,, as for your questions, yes i set the flat panel monitor as the "primary" which is display 2 and checked both boxes below in the settings tab.. as for monitor settings i am using the dual view.. whats wierd is i get the backgrond from the notebook display but no desktop icons on the monitor.. wierd!!! somebody mentioned to me there was an adjustment in the nview properties that should fix that but i cant seem to find it... any suggestions are much appreciated!! bill, i notice your using the 67.50 driver w/ modded inf. does that driver work well for you??? i may give that one a try... i was thinking maybe this is my problem with using the external dell flat panel,, my 44.03 driver being as old as it is doesnt allow me the adjustments i need.. maybe a newer driver might fix this. just a hunch...

When you mean you do not get any desktop icons to show up?

You set your second monitor as your primary and it wont show up as your primary?

If you use windows dual view your taskbar will not show up on your 2nd monitor, but icons will if you have enough.

That driver is old though, I also know that with Pieter's INFs atleast his newer ones, they do not allow you to use a second monitor as your primary display, does you taskbar show up on your second monitor?

This driver I am on runs nice for me, has lots of features and they all work right, and I get good graphics and speed in most stuff.