LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Wireless built in or not??

mobileQMaze

Greetings,

I cannot find a proper answer for this question anywhere. When I purchased this laptop some time ago I was told it had built in wireless but did they mean it has the capability and requires a wireless module.

I have used a wireless PCMCIA adapter but I have always wondered about the on/off switch wireless switch on the left side of the unit.

Please shed some light, thank you.

Profile shows the model.

:)

The same question i had concerning BlueTooth.. :) It was mention in the UserGuide, i had a BlueTooth Stack installed, FN.F8 should be able to switch between BlueTooth and Wireless, but there is no BlueTooth build-in :) .

Look in the DeviceManager (NetworkCards). It should be listed there as Toshiba Wireless LAN MiniPCI Card or some other OEM name. The more reliable way would be to open the appropiate cover on the bottom of your Laptop and have a look if and what is in there actually.

post-7-11058872280_thumb.gif

Thanks for the picture, good idea, I had hoped under that cover there was module but no luck.

Minor detail considering I absolutely love this laptop. Definately the nicest laptop I have owned, it gets compliments all the time, beautifully designed piece of hardware.

Cheers :)

Oh yes, thank you. I came across that link today and the next time I redo the laptop I am going to set it up with those specs.

Great read, nice people on this site. Very informative. PC tweaking has been around forever, never thought about my laptop before till coming here.

:)