LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem after updating video driver.

mobileQMaze

Hello,

I updated my video drivers here so I could run Half-Life2 and the game ran pretty good after the update. But experiencing one problem. When the laptop goes into standy and falls asleep the video fails to wake up or something. The computer appears to go through the process of coming out of standy but the lcd continues to remain off. I actually have to hold the power button down to do a hard reset.

Its funny though I downloaded and installed version 67.22 and the performance INF file but when I just went to check the driver version it says video driver version is 7.0.4.1.

What have I done wrong? Is this correct?

Thank you

While this might not fix your standby problem, to fix the problem with having driver files from multiple drivers installed, you should uninstall the driver first then re-install it. (fresh install)

As for the standby wakeup problems, you will have to ask somebody else....

Yes I did that originally Bill. I just uninstalled it again, and actually downloaded the files from the driver post. Now the driver says it is indeed 67.22. So I will see if the standy problem continues.

Thank you

I once had issues going into standby, and there are a lot of different reasons why it won't go into it or come out, for me I had to go into the device manager and check to see which devices could bring my laptop out of standby and change them.

There are different tweaks in the INF which can affect how your laptop goes into and comes out of standby.

There used to be something in the INF that fixed standby for people, and Pieter has now made it standard in his INFs I think, but I don't remember what it is, if you turned it off it might help.

Why don't you try his regular moddified INF?

His performance one might be what is causing this or other problems you might have.

Hope this helps....

Bill

Edit: Have you tried this?

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

What have I done wrong? Is this correct?

Standby issues on a Toshiba 5200? No problem.

Set MAPOSD3toNV from 3 to 2 in Pieter's INF. (see my siignature)

Thank you, thank you...Do you modify the INF and then uninstall and reinstall the drivers? You members are so bright.

Cheers

I am pretty sure you have to reinstall the drivers. (since it is the same driver, you should not have to uninstall it first)

That INF inhancer (link above) can mod his INF for you, so you do not have to do as much work.

I just opened the INF in Notepad and changed file.

Now will reinstall.